Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rattle from handbrake

archie51

Hi all
I've owned my C4s for 4yrs now and on certain road surfaces i get a rattle that seemed impossible too trace.Then yesterday when the bloody rattle started .i happened to rest my left hand on the handbrake,fingers on the release button and without realising at first the noise had stopped.
Then it dawned on me,the mechanism within the handbrake was vibrating and causing the annoying noise.
Question .....has anybody found the same and what's the best solution other than resting my fingers on the release button.( luckily it's an auto
:wink: )

had the same on my 997.1 drove me mad until I found it and it was the spring in the hardbreak push button on the end took it apart adjusted it and it never came back. :thumb: :thumb:

Mine was caused by nearly £4 of loose change the previous owner had managed to post in the gap next to the ashtray !!, indie found it all when fitting the SSK !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back