Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some nice pics

nickjonesn4

My brother took some fantastic photos of my car at Silverstone a few weeks back.

and one from me at Ben Lawers the other day

Great pics. :bandit:

Ride height could go down a little... :grin:

C.

tyinsky said:
Very nice.
Ride height definitely needs reducing. Cayenne settings?

Ha - tough crowd! I know 993s have this rep but it's never bothered me to be honest. Not sure I have ever lowered a car of any sort.

It's at the MO33 ride height, so 15mm lower than standard. There is very little room in the rear arches due due to the size of the rears. Spent a lot of time discussing dropping the front a little, it would look better for sure, and still an option but am a little nervous as I use the car a lot and there are a LOT of speed bumps, potholes etc.

It's in for service next month so might give it a go but don't want to sacrifice usability.

How far have others dropped their cars and not had front spoiler scraping issues?

IMO ...... the ride height is just fine ....... unless of course you are a drug dealer ........ :?: :dont know:

madalaa said:
IMO ...... the ride height is just fine ....... unless of course you are a drug dealer ........ :?: :dont know:

:floor: definitely not touching the rear, and probably not the front but may do just a smidge to see the effect.

I've been through this debate many times with other cars and never bitten the bullet so we'll see!

Nick - ride height looked spot on to me.....lovely job and good to see a 993 being used for family transportation :thumbs:

Horrible horrible weather...... all a bit dissappointing

ColinC said:
Nick - ride height looked spot on to me.....lovely job and good to see a 993 being used for family transportation :thumbs:

Horrible horrible weather...... all a bit dissappointing

Hi Colin. Nice to meet you briefly. Was grim wasn't it! We lasted til midday. An afternoon at Crieff Ceramics painting overpriced pottery was my penance!

Howdi... local drug dealer here... :hand:

My car is at RS ride height and gets used as intended. On spritely trips out into the wilderness I occasionally hit the plastic air scoops underneath at the front but you have to be going some to do this. Think NSL+ on winding country roads with lots of crests and undulations.
If the car is stiff enough then you shouldn't have any issues.

Pic for comparison.

C.

Attachments

• elwick_2017_2_365.jpg
    elwick_2017_2_365.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 4,213
  • elwick_2017_2_365.jpg
    elwick_2017_2_365.jpg
  • elwick_2017_2_365.jpg
    elwick_2017_2_365.jpg
cableguy said:
Howdi... local drug dealer here... :hand:

My car is at RS ride height and gets used as intended. On spritely trips out into the wilderness I occasionally hit the plastic air scoops underneath at the front but you have to be going some to do this. Think NSL+ on winding country roads with lots of crests and undulations.
If the car is stiff enough then you shouldn't have any issues.

Pic for comparison.

C.

Looking at the chart the RS ride height is a full 20mm lower front and back. Not sure ita for me but will see. Your car does look great Carl.

Cheers Nick. :thumb:

How easy are the Ohlins to wind down. Can you drop it 10mm and see how it looks and performs?

C.

Saw the car at Knockhill on Sunday, looked nice. I couldn't get into the display paddock which was annoying.

I love the look of the white one, depends on the roads you'll be driving. Currently on West coast and you don't want a low car at all.

coullstar said:
Saw the car at Knockhill on Sunday, looked nice. I couldn't get into the display paddock which was annoying.

I love the look of the white one, depends on the roads you'll be driving. Currently on West coast and you don't want a low car at all.

Yep, the road up to Ben Lawers is a good example of road where low ride height would be a big issue.

I meant to add on this that if anyone would like some nice, slightly different photos of their car done my brother is building up his portfolio at the moment and would be happy to oblige. Would need to be North/East London or Herts/Essex ideally.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back