Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gear shift lock tool - help

maldren

Help, I need to adjust the gear shift cables and rang my local OPC to get the plastic gear lever lock tool but they can't find a part number.

Does anyone have a number (Ideally for the 997 shift) or have a spare for sale/loan please?

thanks
Mike

All the tool will do is ensure the lever is set at factory position, ie. vertical when sat in neautral in the centre. Doesn't serve any other purpose.

Thanks Alex, I'll make up a clamp somehow, it doesn't always go into first so I suspect the 'back/front' cable needs lengthening slightly.

part numbers 00072196191 if you can wait a week I can post you mine, I'll need it this week to change my gear cables over

Thomp1983 said:
part numbers 00072196191 if you can wait a week I can post you mine, I'll need it this week to change my gear cables over

Many thanks, I've found it on Design911 and ordered one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back