Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T - Major Service (price....whats included?)

charandhindsa

Silverstone
Hi All,

My car has been driven approximately 700 miles since 2016 and I've been advised a major service is recommended every 4 years regardless of mileage covered.

Question is, what does a major service consist of & what prices are quoted. Just had a brief chat with Brooklands and they characterise a major service as (1)

(1) - filters (particle / oil / air) / oil / sealing rings @ £698.

Additional Item (2) - spark plugs @ £492

My confusion is based on the fact that many indies include plugs in a 'major service' and often come in ~ £800

Am i comparing apple for apples here? i.e. £1190 vs. £820

Thanks in advance for any guidance...

Do you live away from your car for most of the year? If not start driving it!

Who advised a Major service? When was it last serviced? (Major or Minor and mileage/dates) and when were the plugs, coil packs, brake fluid, gearbox oil etc last changed.

If they don't need replacing then I believe you only need an annual check over service. It seems bonkers to spend that much for such little use. I think OPC charge much less than that for a Major anyway let alone an indy.

I use an Indy and had a major last week, together with an MOT and brake fluid. Major included spark plugs, hubs painting etc. £642. That's on a Gen 2 997 S, so maybe slightly cheaper than a 996 tt. Your best bet is to phone around and check. Some Indy's don't quote vat in their prices either. Where abouts are you in the UK ? Service parts deteriorate due to time as well as mileage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back