Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 928 torque tube fix?

MarkGolf

Sao Paulo
Hello all,

I'm on the hunt for my next project and a 928 has got my attention, it has issues, which I like but the car has 1 issue which scares me a bit and upon doing some online digging, it would be something I get someone else to deal with. It looks like the gearbox needs to come off, not something I am going to do on the drive at home.

Has anyone experience of getting this issue rectified, who does it and what is the going rate?

I am assuming it is the torque tube, a friend who had the issue (sold the car with the issue) said it sounds identical to his and he sold the car as no one wanted to do the job! Ekkk

Here's a vid

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jIOtkvP1hLo?rel=0

Cheers

So do you think it's the bearings? I'd take it to your local Indy for there opinion. Get the flex plate checked while your on. What year is it?
My S2 goes to a new home on Sunday 😩
The older cars are suffering with rust really badly now, sills, inner sills, front of rear wheel arches and around the filler cap. Check the fuel lines, especially as one runs around the rear driver side wheel arch. The heating systems a bit of a nightmare also so check it blows hot and cold.
Timing belt/water pumps an easy job once you've moved everything out of the way and sump gasket leaks are common, also if there's oil drips around the alternator/oil filter area this could be oil cooler pipes leaking but not to hard to fit new crunch washers.

I'd just add mines never let me down in 3 years, when sorted they are very reliable 👍🏻

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back