Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Changing pads and discs- Easy enough task?

As above, I'm handy enough on the spanners and imagine I could do this easy enough. Done it countless times on the bikes.

Any special tooling required? Pointers? Which quality pads and discs? I'll look up torque settings later. 997.2 turbo btw. Cheers, Paul.

Very easy yes. I've just done mine and everything came apart and went back together very easy. Easier than most cars I've worked on.

Take the rear arch liners off while your there. See my post about that
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=129321

Ahh, I did see that. Thanks very much for your reply :thumb:

I guess that's a Sunday morning sorted...

I've done the rears on my 997.1 Turbo and they were easy, other than the handbrake shoe liner came away. I'm going to do the fronts soon.

I also forgot to take the bungee cord out which I suspended the caliper from and only found out when it went into OPC Chester for a service. :frustrated: :floor:

T 55 i think for the caliper bolts , one of the large ones anyways .. without looking at what i normally use i cant be 100% sorry :(

All i would say .. undo the caliper bolts .. they should be tight ( obviously ) but then go loose and easily come out .. if they stay tight and really dont want to come out then nip them back up and take it to your indy as they will probably strip the threads and need drilling / helicoil .

i doubt it on a gen 2 but best if you are aware of it before you do it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back