Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Magnetic oil sump plug

Yes that's the one. Had one for a while and no metallic bits stuck to it on the last interim (12 monthly) oil change :thumb:

Thanks for confirming, it was cheaper on eurocarparts at £18.50 so ordered from there.

Hi Poker2009. I cant find the magnetic plug on eurocarparts using the car ID and search function. Do you still have the Product code for the plug you bought please?

Aftermarket Sump Plug (** Magnetic drain plug - URO)

Product Code: 333330081

Just had a quick sneak-peek on carparts4less and is 13.99 - even cheaper

Thanks gents, much appreciated.

John997 said:
Just had a quick sneak-peek on carparts4less and is 13.99 - even cheaper

Are you able to post the link (I have a 996 but it should fit) - when I went on the CP4less site, I could only find the seal rather than the plug itself. Thanks in advance!

Product code: 333330081

and 2.4% off from quidco (if you are that way inclined!)

Thanks Poker 2009. Just had a look. Seems some plug bodies are made from aluminium others from stainless steel (like the 'Gold plug'). read some reviews where the aluminium are so soft that the head gets chewed up. Am leaning towards a gold plug.

Ummmm. Dilemma now as the Gold Plug has a large head which protrudes down, whereas the Aluminium one is nearly flush. Would there not also be an issue with the aluminium/steel sump different metals corrosion making it harder to take out and therefore increasing risk of rounding the Allen hole?

I have ended up with both plugs coming. When i do the oil change, I'll make a decision. :thumbs:

Sorry guys - didnt mean to cause 'buyer's remorse'.....

I notice they do a cut down gold plug for the boxster - which doesnt stick out as far. As far as I know they are all the same thread size (M18 x 1.5).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back