Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 gts convertible

Oldgitst

Hey all, great forum.
I have recently been looking for a gts convertible c2, want PDk, alcantara and preferably not spider centre locks, not leather and fpsh but found there isn't a huge choice about.
I have seen two at the 51-52k mark at dealers but both had leather interiors which I don,t want.
Any worthwhile other places to look other than the usual suspects auto trader etc etc ... is there a wanted area on here ? I should have looked before posting but not sure how to get back to menu without quitting this post ... :dont know:
Any pointers appreciated guys
Cheers
Og

Mate dont be put off a great car due to a few bits of alcantata , a decent retrimmer could very easily change what you want , eg my lower dash to alcantara was £200 , steering wheel can be retrimmed under £200 or an OE one for about £800 door cards, armrests, seat centres it can all be done :thumb:

:welcome:

You :eek:ld: timers and technology :pc: :sad:

I am sure about 95% of cars will be leather too. Do as Phil is saying and think about the retrim option :D

Good luck with the search :thumb:

Oldgitst said:
Hey all, great forum.
I have recently been looking for a gts convertible c2, want PDk, alcantara and preferably not spider centre locks, not leather and fpsh but found there isn't a huge choice about.
I have seen two at the 51-52k mark at dealers but both had leather interiors which I don,t want.
Any worthwhile other places to look other than the usual suspects auto trader etc etc ... is there a wanted area on here ? I should have looked before posting but not sure how to get back to menu without quitting this post ... :dont know:
Cheers
Og

Imho the centrelocks make the car, as does the alcantara :thumb: not a massive choice, not huge numbers compared with S nad 4S, kind of what makes them special. +1 on adding the alcantara though :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
Oldgitst said:
Hey all, great forum.
Cheers
Og

Imho the centrelocks make the car, as does the alcantara :thumb: not a massive choice, not huge numbers compared with S nad 4S, kind of what makes them special. +1 on adding the alcantara though :thumb:

SB,

I reckon that you are in the ( more or less ) same time zone as me .... judging by timing of your posts unless you have insomnia ... !!

:grin: :grin:

911TEL said:
Oldgitst said:
Hey all, great forum.
Cheers
Og

SB,

I reckon that you are in the ( more or less ) same time zone as me .... judging by timing of your posts unless you have insomnia ... !!

Yes a few posts circa 0700 local time to relieve the normal morning depression, sand, heat, sh it, plastic bottles, 45 mph hairdryer winds, more sand, more heat and still nearly 5 weeks to go :nooo:

911TEL said:
Oldgitst said:
Hey all, great forum.
Cheers
Og

SB,

Yes a few posts circa 0700 local time to relieve the normal morning depression, sand, heat, sh it, plastic bottles, 45 mph hairdryer winds, more sand, more heat and still nearly 5 weeks to go :nooo:

Sounds just like my morning routine..!

I am glad to get back home to see hills, trees and get some rain ( & flat six time)...... more NC500 miles this time for stress relief ......!!

28/28 not so bad, only 450 hours to go.........

:roll: :roll:

Oldgitst said:
Hey all, great forum.
Cheers
Og

Should be a cheap car as 5 lug wheels, leather and PDK are the three options which make a GTS harder to sell. Especially the wheels.

5 lug wheels were not a popular option (I reckon less than 10% of cars) so you may have to be patient.

Cheib said:
Oldgitst said:
Hey all, great forum.
Cheers
Og

Should be a cheap car as 5 lug wheels, leather and PDK are the three options which make a GTS harder to sell. Especially the wheels.

5 lug wheels were not a popular option (I reckon less than 10% of cars) so you may have to be patient.

Id agree with 2 out of 3 :grin: But not the PDK...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back