Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: Baby car seat for 996

steve_cleaver

Hi fellow owners

Has anyone got a Porsche baby car seat they'd like to sell that will fit my 2003 996?
Please let me know.

Thanks
Steve_cleaver

What age group are you after ?

Group 0, 1, 2 or 2+

Front or rear seats ?

I have just been through the same situation for a sest for my 3.5 yr old and ended up buying the halfords essentials 1,2,3. I tried many types but couldnt find anything else to fit. Many nearly fitted but not quite. If its a rear facing one that you need though that womt be much help though!

911UK said:
What age group are you after ?

Group 0, 1, 2 or 2+

Front or rear seats ?

Good question? I'm not sure, new to all of this. Our baby is due in Novemver so newborn to start with. We have the family car but I was hoping to get a baby seat so if we did want to go out for the odd drive in the Porsche then we could. :thumb:

I think might struggle and if you do find one it will be a real pain. At newborn / young age you need rear facing basy seat and base and also would want an isofix base for easy in and out for the seat/carrier part which normally has a carry handle on and connects to the pram frame etc. The problem is the carriers are big and bulky so wont be easy to get into the back as the seats dont go too far forward so you would need to twist the seat into the rear and thats not ideal with a sleeping or even awake baby cause they will cry. When my son was newborn i wanted to get an Audi TT mk1 and couldnt even get the carrier into the back with the seats forward. Also the 996s dont have isofix so you would be comprimising on the base and i wouldnt do that for a newborn. Different story when they are older and into a booster. Sorry to poo poo things but maybe someone else cand suggest another solution.

Kbald said:
I think might struggle and if you do find one it will be a real pain. At newborn / young age you need rear facing basy seat and base and also would want an isofix base for easy in and out for the seat/carrier part which normally has a carry handle on and connects to the pram frame etc. The problem is the carriers are big and bulky so wont be easy to get into the back as the seats dont go too far forward so you would need to twist the seat into the rear and thats not ideal with a sleeping or even awake baby cause they will cry. When my son was newborn i wanted to get an Audi TT mk1 and couldnt even get the carrier into the back with the seats forward. Also the 996s dont have isofix so you would be comprimising on the base and i wouldnt do that for a newborn. Different story when they are older and into a booster. Sorry to poo poo things but maybe someone else cand suggest another solution.

Thanks for your input. May leave it a while until I can get into the booster seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back