Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Annoying rattle - traced to seat belt anchorage point

MarkC4S

Spa-Francorchamps
For a while now I have suffered an annoying rattle, that I have finally tied down to the passenger seat belt attachment, when the belt is not is use.

I am referring to the plastic "buckle" that always sits close to the bodywork on the B pillar. This features a sliding mechanism to raise or lower the anchorage point. I have tried moving it to another position but the noise is not abated.

Has anybody experienced the same and/or can recommend a fix? Cheers.

Does the rattle stop if you press a certain part of it? Such as plastic trim or covers

I have a similar rattle and find putting the belt around the passenger seat bolster makes it go away.

Clip it into the buckle?

Not tried clipping it into the buckle, but reaching across and pressing on it stops the rattle. Can't understand what could be in there to rattle or how to get at it ggrr

Prob just the plastic trim on the top moving slightly. I've stopped rattles like this with a bit of double sided tape inside the part. So the tape takes up the slack in the part and provides a cushion. I don't always remove the film on both sides to expose the sticky either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back