Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM and DAB

mikeluke

Mugello
Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously... I have tried to search but I can't seem to find the definitive answer.

My 981 Boxster has PCM with Nav & Bluetooth but does not have the DAB option - what are my options to move up to DAB? I've tried to search for PCM units with DAB on eBay but nothing coming up.

Anyone out there know how this option works? Is it a completely different Porsche head unit or some sort of module?

Thanks

It has been asked before and IIRC the answer at the time was that it wasn't really viable.

Sorry not to have a better answer, however I did a little Googlage and it looks very much like the only way to retrofit the OE DAB option is a new PCM console at over £4k. The only other possible solution that came up is a separate DAB tuner connected to the USB port for the universal audio option (such as the Dension DAB+U). Hopefully that will help you to hunt down something more definitive :thumb:

Thanks

I thought that I needed to clean my glasses for a moment and then I realised that you really had written £4K for new head unit!!!

:floor:

Someone is having a laugh somewhere!

mikeluke said:
Thanks

I thought that I needed to clean my glasses for a moment and then I realised that you really had written £4K for new head unit!!!

:floor:

Someone is having a laugh somewhere!

Well - a laugh may be overstatement : they are certainly taking the piss, and in doing so demonstrating sarcasm - the lowest order of wit... :paperbag:

But yes - that wasn't a typo, it really does cost such an absurd sum for a new head unit so it is one of those things where it is usually cheaper to change the car rather than retrofit. Otherwise the Dension thing is probably the closest to a viable solution, though do a bit of research first to find out if you can fit any alternative to a stick on windscreen mount?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back