Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying 996 turbo on Autotrader

Zrozze

Trainee
Hi Everyone!

I want to buy my first Porsche!
Does any of you know anything about this car?
I will be grateful for your help.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi... New&onesearchad=New&postcode=gl545uf&page=37

I bought full check on this 996TT:

Cazana Rating Pass 
Cazana Valuation £77,229
Finance status Clear 
Yearly tax cost £140
MOT valid until 28th September 2018
Tax valid until 1st December 2018
Stolen? No 
Imported? Yes
Exported? No
Previously scrapped No 
VIC Inspected No 
Previously written o No 
VIN ends with 0138
Log book date is Oct 17, 2017
Engine number ends with ...0684
Type of vehicle: Car Manufacturer: Porsche Model: 911
Driving position: Right Hand Drive Transmission: Manual Number of gears: 6
Wheelbase: 2350 Number of seats: 4 seats Number of doors: 2 doors
Fuel type: Petrol, Turbo Injection Fuel delivery: Turbo Injection
Engine capacity (CC): 3600 Engine number: ...0684 Engine position:
Cylinder layout: Power output (BHP/kW) 420BHP, 313kW

As the Cazana valuation is £77,229 it looks like a bargain. :D

Seriously is there a particular reason why you want a LHD imported car?

If there is this one looks ok - on paper - but I don't know how to value it. Cars from the UAE tend to have sand in every orifice and the history would be difficult to check. A detailed PPI would be a must.

ps. :welcome: to 911uk

Err - is there a reason why this link does not go to Autotrader but to an advertising site...?

mikeluke said:
Err - is there a reason why this link does not go to Autotrader but to an advertising site...?

Links to AutoTrader adverts go to Viglink shopping website. I don't know why.

Scroll down slightly and you'll see a blue tab that says 'Continue to Autotrader'.

Or copy and paste the link to a new browser / tab :thumbs:

T8 said:

If there is this one looks ok - on paper - but I don't know how to value it. Cars from the UAE tend to have sand in every orifice and the history would be difficult to check. A detailed PPI would be a must.

Thanks for quick reply. I want LHD cause I am taking this car with me to EU in the future. I can pay for it with cash or money transfer. Is there any way to see UAE service history of this car ?

Zrozze said:
T8 said:

Thanks for quick reply. I want LHD cause I am taking this car with me to EU in the future. I can pay for it with cash or money transfer. Is there any way to see UAE service history of this car ?

Google threw up this;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BBAB&usg=AOvVaw0ncyX49QgjDuNMu5Db6RCI&ampcf=1

There is also a site called Dubizzle, might be useful. :dont know:

pzero said:
Zrozze said:
T8 said:

Google threw up this;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BBAB&usg=AOvVaw0ncyX49QgjDuNMu5Db6RCI&ampcf=1

There is also a site called Dubizzle, might be useful. :dont know:

Thank You.

It's interesting to note that the advertised mileage on the car is 53k.

The only UK MOT that it's had was 10 months ago when the mileage was 30,006.

The above could be a good thing but I'd want a long chat with the seller and a view of some history before shelling out what must be top money for a LHD car.

Is there anyone on the forum who bought a car from UAE before?
Is sand in every orifice very big problem for cars like 911 ?

T8 said:
It's interesting to note that the advertised mileage on the car is 53k.

The only UK MOT that it's had was 10 months ago when the mileage was 30,006.

The above could be a good thing but I'd want a long chat with the seller and a view of some history before shelling out what must be top money for a LHD car.

Good point. Thanks

Zrozze said:

Send Maxie a PM, he spent a couple of years in the Middle East fairly recently.

Zrozze said:

I've not bought a car from the UAE but I have a friend (fellow petrolhead) who's lived in Dubai for about twelve years. I've visited various parts of the UAE numerous times over the last ten years or so and having seen the way high end cars are treated I would certainly not be in a rush to buy an ex-UAE car. "Mechanical sympathy" is not something the locals appear to be familiar with.

Sand in every orifice is potentially an issue - it depends where it's been parked. If it's been cherished and garaged then it may not be an issue, but so many get parked on the street and the amount of desert dust and grit that gets rubbed into cars during washes is crazy! My mate said most people just use the cheap hand wash places but he never would since they are not exactly careful - if they drop the cloth they just pick it up off the floor and carry on wiping the car with it and the sand it's picked up.

Having said all that, obviously the only way to know if it's a good buy or not is to go and check it out and as previously stated a PPI is an absolute must!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back