Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spring broken - warranty??

VPD255M

Rear suspension spring has broken on my 2007 997 GT3, it has extended warranty - I'm interested to knows if it is likely to be covered by the warranty, the shocks are on the exclusion list but a quick google suggests that people have had spring failures covered (though can't find anything posted recently).

Unfortunately the shock has also been damaged where the broken spring has been rubbing.

I'll call the OPC tomorrow, but be good to be forearmed..

Yes. One Spring issue on mine with no other issues with suspension. They should replace the pair as your not supposed to replace them individually apparently.

Have seen a bit of coverage that they are prone to this but I never heard of it before mine went. The shock was standard on mine though.

Good luck 👍

VPD255M said:
Rear suspension spring has broken on my 2007 997 GT3, it has extended warranty - I'm interested to knows if it is likely to be covered by the warranty, the shocks are on the exclusion list but a quick google suggests that people have had spring failures covered (though can't find anything posted recently).

Unfortunately the shock has also been damaged where the broken spring has been rubbing.

I'll call the OPC tomorrow, but be good to be forearmed..

Ask them if the recall for springs has been done on your car.

Thanks for the replies, the car is booked in next week for 'investigation'...

G2 - do you have any more detail on your claim please?

Capt - do you have any further info on th recall please?

Cheers, Matt

Cheers, Matt

VPD255M said:

Cheers, Matt

Backend felt loose whilst cornering under load at speed...<insert joke here> And Very minor rattle over grids or tarmac overbanding. Went in 3 times with one road test before they found a small piece of the spring in the cup thing that holds it. Springs replaced and geo done under warranty.

Apparently a few have had issues with springs snapping for no obvious reason ?

Did not know about the recall that Capt mentioned. That might be worth following up.

How did you get on?

VPD255M said:

Cheers, Matt

I will check TI tonight.

sorry, i know that i have seen it somewhere, but I can't find it.
I will keep digging.

Years ago i had to replace a Cayenne broken rear spring and i did it as a warrenty job , office decided it wasnt even though i was convinced it was ..

Big argument with them saying its wear and tear and me argueing its not an item that should fail and if so there would be a set interval to replace them reguardless ... which there isnt.

They charged the customer .. he appealed to Porsche .. Porsche said it was warrenty and OPC had to refund the customer !

It would be nice to say i won the arguement but the reality was i was given every crap job that came in for ages after that.

IMHO a spring should never snap and if the car is in warrenty then it dam well should be covered ..

Getting annoyed just thinking of Them trying to refuse it so ill move on :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back