Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deposit down on a 996 gt3 - couple of questions!

ronnie85

Hi Guys,

I'm new here but I've had a couple of 911s over the last few years. A 996 C4S and most recently (and soon to be for sale) a 997 C2S.

I've just put down a deposit on one of my dream cars - a 996 GT3 mk2.

A couple of questions - Its currently got the bucket seats in which I found very upright. The garage has agreed to fit sports seats (hence the wanted ad) and just wanted to check this was doable. Does a car fitted with buckets have the electrical connectors?

Alternatively can the bucket seats be tilted backward slightly? perhaps by raising the mounting? I don't know if anyone else has wanted to do this or whether its even possible...

thanks in advance!

Don't know about the electrics, but there will be after market bracket available try FVD, Design 911, Tarett Engineering or Rennline all will have an offering.

Get used to the buckets? Its a large part of what the car is all about. The minute you get some G force on the thing youll be sitting on the door pulls without them :floor:

Either way don't leave the buckets with the dealer, they ain't cheap to replace.

no definitely wont, will keep in case I do any track days etc. But this'll be my only car so I think they'll annoy me after a while. Will see!

ronnie85 said:
no definitely wont, will keep in case I do any track days etc. But this'll be my only car so I think they'll annoy me after a while. Will see!

Give it a try first. I ran a 996 GT3 with buckets as my only car for about 5.5 years (its replacement obviously also has buckets, but it isn't an only car any more) - it is a small adjustment initially but it doesn't take long before I reached the point where I'd choose them over just about anything else. They are also the most comfortable bucket seat that I've ever sat in, and Eurotunnel to Nurburg non-stop is not at all unpleasant. Even my mother is a fan, though being of a certain age she benefits from a bit of help getting in and out of them.

Live with it for a bit, then make a decision later. :thumb:

ronnie85 said:
I've just put down a deposit on one of my dream cars - a 996 GT3 mk2

Do tell :food:

:grin:

I put a bucket seat in my car, they are great :thumb:

I run buckets on my daily and have no complaints. Give them a try

I love the buckets in mine and actually find them more
comfortable than the sports seats.

Not tried the sports seats, but I found the standard, electric adjust seats in the 996 turbo are extremely comfortable on long road trips.

Buckets really do suit the GT3 though and IMHO once you are on track, both the standard or sports seats will be poor, plus you sit higher (can cause a lack of headroom with a crash helmet on) and I'd not think you'd be wanting to switch and swap seats - the electric ones are very heavy.

Diggermeister said:
Not tried the sports seats, but I found the standard, electric adjust seats in the 996 turbo are extremely comfortable on long road trips.

Buckets really do suit the GT3 though and IMHO once you are on track, both the standard or sports seats will be poor, plus you sit higher (can cause a lack of headroom with a crash helmet on) and I'd not think you'd be wanting to switch and swap seats - the electric ones are very heavy.
I recommend you try the bucket seats for a few weeks before changing them. There's a technique to get into them easily- I was told it's arse first at a 90degree angle.

hopeydaze said:
Diggermeister said:

I recommend you try the bucket seats for a few weeks before changing them. There's a technique to get into them easily- I was told it's arse first at a 90degree angle.

really friggin annoying though when you are in a rush and forget that you have bucket seats and you just try and slide into the car like you would with a normal seat and your ass bounces up off the side bolster and smacks your ear/head into the side of the roof....

Try having a front cage too. :wave:

Just to echo what everyone has said, try them first.

you'll be shocked how comfy they are.

Pictures/details of the new car too please.... :wack: :puh:

Try the buckets, they're surprisingly comfortable!

Daniel said:
Try having a front cage too. :wave:

Being 12 foot tall doesn't help you :mrgreen:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back