Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

becker 7997 and amps

Stephenjk

Hi,

i have a becker 7997 and it is only playing out of drivers side speakers at the front. I've swapped speaker side to side and the passenger speakers are fine so assume it is wiring. I've traced the wires out of the back of the stereo to underneath the drivers seat but other than non factory wires connecting to factory wires under the seat i cant find an amp.

My car was fitted with an amp from new, do people normally remove the factory amp when they put in the becker?

Also any suggestions on rewiring? my thought was to remove pins 5 and 6 from the becker stereo iso plug and just rewire from scratch as seems like a lot of work to take interior apart and find where the break is. thoughts?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back