Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GTS Purchase help

GlenB

Nurburgring
Hi everyone,

Ive joint this forum as I have been thinking about buying a 911. Ideally I wanted a 993 c4s but when I look at the prices those are going for it has got me looking elsewhere.

Ive found a low miles GTS which I am interested in and seems from what I have been reading up on to have the right sort of options etc. and the ones that the buying guide on here says to look out for.

I have noted that it doesn't seem to list LSD and I know this is another recommended option. I have listed the extra options that I have been told about below (I don't know if they are really all options as some seem unlikely as option) and wondered if it does seem to have the right bits and tricks or if there is more must haves that I am missing than im realising.

Also how have prices been? I understand they have been slowly climbing? what are we talking over the last couple of years for example.

Any help is very much appreciated and I hope this is the right forum to post in. Please feel free to move it if I got it wrong

19" RS Wheels
Aerokit cup
Sport Chrono package (I understand this is an important option to have)
Sports exhaust
Sports seats
Heated seats
painted back rests
painted ctr console
white dials
dimming mirros / rain sensor
rear park assist
PCM Nav
Bluetooth telephone
Audio interface
Rear seats
Rear wiper

Thanks
Glen

G'day and welcome.
LSD came std on the GTS as it's part of a bundle of parts under a code iirc. As far as pricing goes I'd really shop around as there are a couple of dealers who hold most of the stock, and as a result have crept up the pricing to silly money.
Having the aero pack isn't common, only thing it seems to be missing are TPMS and Bose. TPMS maybe std like the lsd, but in real terms the Bose won't make that much of a difference.
Otherwise crack on I say

Thank you for your reply.

It was mentioned that the LSD may be standard equipment but I couldn't see any mention of it, which I guess makes sense if its buried in an option.

When you say prices have crept to silly money, what are we talking as being ok / sensible for the car wit the listed options assuming it all in good condition and a 2011, and what is silly?

I'll do some digging into the TPMS as to whether it is standard or not, and yes I had overlooked about the BOSE, trying to absorb so much info of what to look out for so thanks for the heads up.

On a totally different angle, whats the community side of the car like? Is there meets etc, events and a good general community spirit as having come from cars that have had this type of forum I appreciate the benefit of a good forum / group of like minded people

Is this the white one at Sussex OPC? Looks lovely if so :thumb:

:welcome: :thumb:

Porsches certainly have an active scene. Plenty of meets, but it does depend where in the country you are. There are a few national events still coming up this year.

This link is where most are posted... http://911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=5

There are also sections for track days and tour sets on here as well.

Good luck with the search, GTS is a great option to look at.

ninenineseven said:
Is this the white one at Sussex OPC? Looks lovely if so :thumb:

It could be :D
Another thing I just thought of is I have seen it has 4 previous owners, which seems a bit high to me for the age, not sure how I feel about that.

G2, sounds good and thanks for the link. Track days tours etc and general meets is all the sort of things that I was hoping you guys would do.

GlenB said:
Another thing I just thought of is I have seen it has 4 previous owners, which seems a bit high to me for the age, not sure how I feel about that.

Not necessarily - a lot of people seem to change prestige cars every couple of years these days (and a startling amount of original buyers trade to a new one after only a year). Side effect of the finance culture I guess... :?:

Glen,
I'm also looking at this car, the spec is one of the best out there, very unusual and it's hard to find the proper Alcantara interior with leather dash, trust me I've been at it a while! The Glasgow car although without areokit was actually the better car ( I'm sure if your looking you know which one!) that was seriously mint with one owner, sold now I think.

The one your now looking at has had big price reduction if I were you despite the owners id buy it! (Or I will)
:thumb:

I remember reading somewhere the LSD is standard on the 4, not sure if all 2 GTSs have it too.

Prices have been slowly going up but I see loads more up for sale now than when I was looking / got mine, though I did not get mine as an investment, depreciation in these cars tends to defy logic so you should be fine.

Mine also had 4 previous owners which as stated is quite normal. People seem to get bored of sports cars easily for some reason and also PCP deals help them exchange hands every few years.

Good luck with your acquisition! :D

Locking rear diff is common to all AWD 997.2, not just 4 GTS. It's a cost option on the 2 GTS.

Thanks everyone for your comments etc it's cleared a few questions up that I had.

SpongeBob,
Cheers for the heads up, really appreciated especially your honesty that you were also thinking about this car. I have seen the Glasgow one that I think you're mentioning but I want one with the aerokit which limits my options a bit, unless I can get it added as a retrofit, but then the cost of that probably isn't worth it.

Well I put the deposit is n this the other week and went to collect it today.......

Paid for it, went through all the paperwork, got it insured and then went to tax it. Only to then find that the DVLA website is down for maintenance till Monday :pc: :pc: Dealer took me to the post office to see if they could do it. Nope.

So had to come away in a loaner macan until Monday. Gutted :eh!:

:thumb: absolutely stunning car, look forward to pics.

Congrats, looking forward to the pics.

Well done at stopping Sponge from getting it, he should be saving up to get some champagne to meet his obligations on other matters :thumb:

I assume this is your first Porsche, I'm sure you will enjoy it, my experience is that is a prestige mark which joe public appreciates unlike some of the others which only adds to the ownership experience. I've not driven a 997 GTS but my experience of the GTS package is it adds more than the sum of its parts to the driving experience and its great knowing the car is not costing you a fortune in depreciation whilst you have it :wink:

Congrats the wait will make it even more exciting 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back