Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Shock Absorber replacement Advice

cjcor

when my 1999 C2 went through its MOT, I was advised that there is "light misting" of oil in the nearside rear shock.

I want to replace the pair at the rear. As far as I know, my car does not have the M30 suspension set up (incidentally how do i check this for certain?)

looking at https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt38.../996-C2-3-4L-1997-08-01/Shock-Absorbers-Rear/
the suggestion is to go for B4 shocks.

But when you go into Bilstein website, they say that B4 is only for cars with M30 set up, and instead recommend B6.

I am confused. Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance.

B4 is the standard damper equivalent. B6 is the firmer option.

I just replaced the original rear dampers on my C4S (at the weekend) with B6s. There is no physical size difference, so the factory part number difference is related to the different damping rates.

For your C2 - B4 will be similar to original and B6 will be firmer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back