Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic line insurance

bakerboy4s

Nurburgring
Just had great quote for fully comp.sub £400 with agreed value, any one got any history with Classic line?

I'm in my second year with them. Their premium was the best last year and again this year with agreed value and a sensible excess. Good policy too with track day cover (although I think there's an exclusion or two), Breakdown cover and Europe etc.

Having changed plates a couple of times, they seem very efficient too.

One thing to note is that you do not accrue any no claims bonus with their classic policy.

Yeah they're great.

Those, mannings (free track cover) and Matt at Henderson Taylor are my top 3.

My car is currently just on my multicar policy with admiral but I'll insure it agreed value next year as it's evolving quite a bit now.

5th year with classic line

All mods decalred in fine detail.....cost since becoming a 9eXX is £900 pa and agreed value

Cant complain, very happy with their pricing and communications etc

I've not had to claim or anything but no complaints thus far. Switched to them when Mannings (who I'd been with for aeons) premiums became distinctly uncompetitive.

I use Hagerty who have been first class......reasonable and brilliant to deal with. Been with them for some time.... very efficient .

I have two modified 'modern classics' including the 997 with Classicline, I have had policies with them for 5+ years and likewise have never had to claim but the service/ quotes etc have been 1st class.

If you join Tipec you save between 10 and 15% on premiums as well. I joined Tipec for 2 yrs (£60) and saved more than that on one yrs premium.

I have agreed valuations on both cars, costs a bit more but really easy to organise.

All good and I have no intention in going elsewhere unless given a good reason.

I've been with them for over 2 years. Never had a problem and they've been great in dealing with mods.

Seem to be very reasonable on price too.

Used them for years, they are good but by God get a decent agreed value don't rely on market value you will be shocked.

Classic Line Experience

I used Classic Line for a couple of years on my SC until it was destroyed by an engine fire(!). Be aware that, as a broker, they deal with the setting up and processing of your policy but if you need to make a claim, they take a step back and pass you onto the actual Insurance company; which in my case was ERS.

ERS weren't too bad, although they do have the usual number of rude call centre jobsworths you have to fight through. My settlement was less than I wanted, but that was partly my fault for not keeping up to speed with market values, and they didn't fully comply with all of the clauses in the policy but this was somewhat interpretive. In the end I decided to cut my losses and agreed to their offer as I was keen to move on and get into a replacement car.

I now use Locktons through the PCGB scheme which I have to say is excellent, although not the cheapest quote you can find. As with much in life, going for the cheapest option is not always the best course of action long term....

HTH

MF.

Can't fault their service and I can walk to their office living local which is a small bonus , however one thing to note in the conditions for my car is that it must be garaged overnight and not left on my drive which is in a private cul de sac when it's at my home address which can be a pain sometimes . Ironically it's covered if I park it on the local pub car park ? Work that out

Went with them 2 months ago, got an agreed value of 33,500 for my c4s, I put that in thinking they might puch back on but they agreed straightaway with no hassle

Marky911 said:
My car is currently just on my multicar policy with admiral but I'll insure it agreed value next year as it's evolving quite a bit now.

I was planning on doing this as well - however, how do you (or I) go about valuing our cars? I can tot up what I have spent, less the maintenance, but that doesn't strike me as a very robust way of valuing the car.

Ideas?

I'm insured by them for the second year running now. Easily the cheapest quote. Not sure whether it's common for all their policies but they couldn't do drive other car Insurance and basically have my car down as a 'second car" so I can't build no claims and the max mileage is 7500 a year. All this is fine for me, but worth checking the small print.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back