Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Moist hose - coolant

PGD

Silverstone
Hi all. First post here as I'm new to 911 ownership so hello :bye:

The moist hose, well two hoses really is in the NS wheel arch, you can just see them with the wheels on full lock. This, I believe is slowly loosing coolant (300ml in 400 miles)

Where would you buy new ones?
I see OPC is mentioned a lot for parts, is there a way to find your part online and see their prices? Or do you find the part number elsewhere then phone them and await your surprise?

I've been looking on deroure.com and believe it could be PN 99710675104

Any other words of wisdom on coolant pipes would be greatly appreciated.

Had mine done a few months ago, are you planning to do the job yourself . worth checking the other joints as I found a number were corroded and showing signs of misting so took the decision to replace all that were misting or just starting to show some corrotion signs , which although more money will save in the long run if your planning to keep it for a few years , cheaper if doing it yourself as the parts arent silly money but the labour time is what pushes the bill up. the part your looking at for instance is about £120ish .
Welcome to the forum by the way lol you know your going to get stick for not posting a pic of your car first :grin: :grin:

I didn't know you had to post a picture before posting :dont know:

Other hoses have signs of corrosion, but I don't think leaking at the moment. Porsche do seem to have an issue with rusty hoses don't they.

Considering a DIY job yeah as I don't mind tinkering

PGD
Welcome to the forum, but as Phil has stated, best post a pic up of your car ASAP before you get set on fire and flogged. I've see it happen you know :grin:

A picture in this thread? Here you go..

I'm a photographer though so don't like posting **** photos like this! I'll get nice photos at some point don't worry.

Attachments

• porsche_web_164.jpg
    porsche_web_164.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 6,245
Nice.....Let normal service resume :judge:

PGD , nice one mate and good to see your up for a bit of banter . I think the car looks lovely even if its not set how you would like lol.
yes condenser and aircon are a pain , if others are looking a bit iffy I would suggest doing them at the same time (best to only loose knuckle skin once )lol. when its done before you replace the undertrays give everything that doesnt get hot eg brakes etc. a really good coat of ACF50 and plan that into your annual maintanance it will prolong the life many of those parts including the Tandem pump cover. its a bit like a 21st century version of waxoyle :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/ACF50/179753/bn_55194932

Oh thanks for the link, I've never heard of the stuff but I have ordered some and will be covering Everything!

I suspect the AC condenser has bit the dust too, so I've plenty to do :oops:
I cleaned them out from the front when I got the car and got almost half a bucket of crap out. Probably more to come once the bumper comes off.

I do have a decent list of seemingly small things to do, which are all adding up ££ wise.

But the main point is the coolant hoses, and where to buy them from.

PGD said:
Oh thanks for the link, I've never heard of the stuff but I have ordered some and will be covering Everything!

I suspect the AC condenser has bit the dust too, so I've plenty to do :oops:
I cleaned them out from the front when I got the car and got almost half a bucket of crap out. Probably more to come once the bumper comes off.

I do have a decent list of seemingly small things to do, which are all adding up ££ wise.

But the main point is the coolant hoses, and where to buy them from.

Good to hear you got some ACF50

First place to try for the hoses would be the OPC and tell them your a porsche club member and they should give you 10% discount .

Design 911 will give you 5% discount as a forum member vat to add to their on line prices

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...Line-Porsche-987-Boxster---987C-Cayman---997/

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod133987/Porsche-987-997-Coolant-
Return-Hose-99710662403/

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod13148/Connector-sleeve-Porsche-987-Boxster---Cayman---997/

theres a few of the bits the rest are listed on their site .

or theres good old fleabay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Cooling-Water-Pipe-Porsche-Cayman-987-911-997-99710675104/1515623909

Rose passion also

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/cat/...radiator/I4321/distributor-tube-inlet/P132356

hope some of that info is useful mate

also while you have the trays etc off pull the arch liners off and get the debris out hidden out of site behind the plastic liners bet you get another bucket of leaves and bits lol

:thumb: :thumb:

Had my coolant hose fail on new years day. My Indy sorted it just a couple of days later with new hoses which are not expensive and not hard. Have you located a good indy yet? They are essential and sure we can point you towards one! Whereabouts are you?

The coolant pipes are probably the cross over pipes , the outer connection can corrode badly so its not just the rubber pipe that needs changeing .

Worst case and its drop the front subframe and replace all the pipes .

Need some picts to confirm but images below is what can happen .

EDIT .. your part number is just the inner plastic pipe .. thats a subframe drop to replace but you will at least need the outer rubber pipe that goes into it , probably the bracket as well .. the 10 mm bolt sheers off .

Attachments

• 845ec76ced869ab6de8fa1f8ef17cf21_182.jpg
    845ec76ced869ab6de8fa1f8ef17cf21_182.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 6,164
  • very_corroded_899.jpg
    very_corroded_899.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 6,164
PGD said:
A picture in this thread? Here you go..

I'm a photographer though so don't like posting **** photos like this! I'll get nice photos at some point don't worry.

That pics excellent by our normal standards. :thumbs:

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

These posts are great, big help - thanks for that!

As I look at it with all the covers on. It's the two rubber hoses in the last picture which are moist. Is it most likely that both parts need replacing here and not just the rubber pipes I can see? Which means dropping the subframe, that sounds like a big job.

It seems a strange way to join the hoses, where the rubber pipe looks to go inside the ally or metal pipe :dont know:

Rubber pipes have a metal section with an O ring seal that enters x1 ally pipe and x1 plastic pipe.

These corrode and leak .. ill not say how many ive replaced but more than 1 !!!

For the plastic pipe then its just about possible to replace the rubber pipe on its own .. you have to be carefull .. you have to dig it out with a small screwdriver and if lucky then can replace it on its own ... DONT bend the plastic pipe too much .. work your way around it .

No chance if its the ally pipe though .

Either way be prepaired to drop the subframe and replace them all .

Its actually not that hard to drop the frame .. you just hang it on the coffin arms .

i can say that at an indy then all the pipes replaced is about £1200 so diy will save you a fortune !

Iain's pic is exactily where mine went and the cost very similar to what he said a huge amount is the labour to drop the sub so if you can do it yourself it will be less than half the price just for the parts from memory. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back