Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 brake disc set up

Trap 125

What is the perceived wisdom with running PCCB discs at the rear and 2 piece floating discs at the front of the car? Would the break bias be out of sorts? My thoughts are that it would be ok...

There is relatively little braking done by the rear on the 996 so yes, it's "ok". However, you will get a better pedal feel if you convert to steels & the appropriate pads. 997.1 rear discs are a direct fit and not expensive.

NXI20 said:
There is relatively little braking done by the rear on the 996 so yes, it's "ok". However, you will get a better pedal feel if you convert to steels & the appropriate pads. 997.1 rear discs are a direct fit and not expensive.

Many thanks for your reply. When you say "appropriate pads" for the rear do you mean standard pads or something more performance orientated?

Something that will match the front. If you have floating fronts I'm assuming you have something like RS29s so that's what I'd be using on the rear too.

NXI20 said:
Something that will match the front. If you have floating fronts I'm assuming you have something like RS29s so that's what I'd be using on the rear too.

Great info. Thank you very much!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back