Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convertible hood

Creationblue

Monza
Damnit!!

Just washed the car and noticed this. Can't see it taking being bonded so will visit a local trymers and see what they suggest. Annoying as the rest of the hood is in top condition :roll:

Attachments

• a943058b_73d3_4dad_9284_b581089202ad_208.jpeg
    a943058b_73d3_4dad_9284_b581089202ad_208.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 2,332
New hood time. As well as where it's split, it looks like the rest was on it's way out anyway as you can see the bonding and that shouldn't be visible.

I bought a brand new hood for £410 delivered from the states and fit it myself.

To repair that they'll need to take the hood off anyhow (I'd have thought) and that's where the cost is - labour time to do that.

That's reasonable for a hood. I'll see what they say and report back

Anything to look out for in the world of replacement hoods? Can I have a glass window?

If you ask Alex nicely, he'll be happy to fit it for you. From memory it was his most satisfying job to date on his car. Piece of pish I think he said.....or something like that :grin:

Yea I can imagine his response :thumbs:

I had a BAS hood fitted, which has a heated glass rear window, quality seems very good overall bit the window is quite a bit smaller than the plastic one.

FZP said:
If you ask Alex nicely.........or something like that :grin:

:wack:

Dammit said:
I had a BAS hood fitted, which has a heater glass rear window, quality seems very good overall bit the window is quite a bit smaller than the plastic one.

Ah yea I see it's smaller, I'd probably get another placcy hood, don't really drive it in winter and if I did would use the hardtop with glass window anyway. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thinking about colour, arena red really need a black hood but I wonder what the maroon would look like :?:

£150 more for the same thing I bought. Or are you having them fit it too? That'll be another £700 at a guess.

Local trimmer is fitting it for £450

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back