Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats happening here with my 993? Need help

wozy

Sao Paulo
Well I'm off to Tuscany in two weeks time in my trusty steed.

However the windscreen washers the headlamp washers and the aircon have packed up.

No noise from the washer motors, no dip in revs activating the aircon..... so its not that the aircon needs a re-gas which I orginally thought might be the issue.

Bizzarly the low washer fluid lamp had come on, so thinking it was empty refilled it though it didnt take a lot, lamp went out, then I realised the motor was making no noise.

Whats occuring? I can't do over 2K miles without being able to wash the screen or pump out the cold air on a 35 degree day

I've checked the washer(s) fuse and all ok. Is there a relay that covers all of these or somethink .... help

If the a/c needs a regass the pump will not operate, check by hitting boost switch and see if belt is moving. Washers different problem, bad contact at switch, faulty relay, break in circuit, failed pump. Are the headlamp washers working?

Hi,

On the A/C front you need to have the thermostat on "0" fan on 1 or 2, push in either of the "snow flakes" or both. Check if the compressor is running, not just the belt turning, make sure the clutch has kicked in. Feel the 2 pipes coming out of the compressor, the thick one is low pressure and should feel cool and the thinner one is High pressure and should feel hot. If you have all this your A/C is working OK and it must be something with the flaps. ToreB is the expert on this as we all know. If you don't have this and the clutch is not cutting in you are low on gas. Compressor is protected if low on gas (low pressure)

Regarding the washer remember you need to have the lights on for the headlight washer to work. For the windscreen I believe it is all run off one motor?? they have been know to fail, you may have just got unlucky.... a bit like England last night :roll: However you could also have a look to make sure that the jets are not blocked :dont know:

Hope you sort it out.

ATB :)

2 separate pumps for the washers

Sounds like a re-Gas is needed. When did it last work? Kiwi-Fit will be your quickest route for £49. If they can't fill it due to a leak then no charge.

Test the headlamp washer pump to see if that one works. If it does you might be able to swap motors over as a temporary fix. Otherwise pick up a new one - from memory they're not expensive. :dont know:

Thanks for the replies.
Headlamp washers checked with lights on
Air con was running cold a couple of weeks ago
No power or at least no noise from either washer pump just seems weird , yet the fuse is ok.

Just seems bizarre that all three items seem to have given up the ghost at or around the same time. I guess I was hoping it was a relay or something that controlled all three and so a quick fix .

She goes in Wednesday/Thursday of next week (my mechanic is at Goodwood this weekend) and hopefully they'll sort the old girl as I leave for Italy on the 26th :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back