Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stud Extractor

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
Maybe should have done this before the car was resprayed ! however the screw that holds the mirror had to be cut and I am now left with getting the seized stud out-its the one sticking out the top hole in the picture I have been looking at either the socket or chuck type extractor but struggling to get one that fits a small m5 bolt, so has anyone had any joy using these or any suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• mirror_screw_763.jpg
    mirror_screw_763.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 1,268
Is there not enough room to screw 2 M5 nuts on?screw 1st one on, then 2nd one, then undo the 1st so it looks up against the 2nd and winds the stud out. Failing that, I'd just drill it out and run an M5 tap down.

Not easy to see from the picture but the thread is a bit mush however might try and get a nut on its a decent length the bolt screws in about 50mm below the hole so cutting it flush and drilling will be a struggle, trying to avoid stripping the inside of the door out although may end up doing this, not near the car tonight to take a better picture

Attachments

• s_l225_211.jpg
    s_l225_211.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,242
I'd be stripping the inside of the door to get it out and on a bench and you could probably weld a nut on the stub then without risking damage to the paint

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back