Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 aerokit engine lid help please.

Marky911

Hi lads, I'm finally getting a bit of time on the car since it came back from the bodyshop.

I'm currently fitting the genuine aerokit engine lid I've had for a year or so.

The bit I'm struggling with it the snorkel/inlet piece that should be on the inlet hole above where the air filter sits. The old one from my standard lid looks to be the correct size for the aperture but the slot in the rubber that clips onto the edges in the hole aren't wide enough for the thicker fibreglass edges.

So question is what part are you lads using?

I've looked at my GT3 pics but it had a totally different lid due to inlet being in a different place.

Anyway a few pics.

Nothing to be found for Carrera Aerokit on the Parts file so I'm baffled. It must be somewhere. :?

Looks very similar:

80-img_20140614_141006_92e5de5e5b9f1442ea93e4b1952563216582cdb8.jpg

Can't find a part number I'm afraid, will continue to keep an eye out.

Hi
Mine seems to have 45 deg slots filed in the fibreglass to enable the Std bellows to fit

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking Neil. :thumb:

Bill that's superb. Thanks a lot. :worship:
My mate Craig said to do exactly that, but I wanted to check before taking a dremel to my engine lid.

Great pics. I'll copy that exactly.
Cheers and welcome along by the way (well older member, but not many posts, you know what I mean :wink: ) :thumb:

Bill , I am impressed 3 posts since 2016 and I have learnt something worth knowing from you . you need to post more mate :grin: :grin: and nice to see the induction mod with the full resinator removal so cap is now a bung. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil

You missed the cable throttle IPD Plenum, the RS engine mounts and as its Tiptronic the AMG Paddle Shift Wheel

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Regards

Bill

Bill very nice set of mods and now also noted the alluminium pedals and are those dial surround ring covers . how can you not have been telling us about these mods how you find them etc . Its always good to read about what others are doing to their cars as I spend half my life bleating on about mods and getting blamed by guys wives for talking them into spending money on the cars :floor: :floor: I need more support on here from guys personalising their cars. :floor: maybe you could get yourself on some wives hit lists and give me a reprieve :grin: :grin: my challage to you is to get to 100 posts before Xmas :thumb: :grin: :grin: and no I dont mean xmas 2028 :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back