Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Tie rods fowling on damper!

Donx22

Just a warning to everyone that has pss10's installed, bought some tie rods from design 9111..... not Porsche ones (my first mistake right there)
and they are huuuuge.

physically don't fit in the upright without hitting the damper adjustment. original ones ran tight but not this bad in the slightest. I have to remove the damper to fit new tie rods as they run so tight originally but these wont even allow me to get the bottom bolt back in the upright! even wound the adjuster all the way in to make more room

so lesson for everyone, don't buy them if you run pss10's!

completely messed the weekend up. payed for alignment and corner weighting, corner weighting went without a hitch. then went to fit the new tie rods before alignment and this is where it all fell down.
so I paid for install twice as original ones had to be then put back on (they're completely knackered) and i have to get new ones again and pay for alignment again. at a later date.
Really not impressed with the parts quality. i imagine if running standard dampers this shouldn't be an issue but not really acceptable.
You can also see in the side by side pictures the tie rods are massively different in size. this will also induce more bump steer as the pivot point is higher.

lesson... fit tie rods before alignment (i was pressed for time and it shouldn't be that big a job to do at the alignment place)
also don't by non Porsche parts

any suggestions on what i should do with Design911? they've essentially cost me an extra £200 as i have to get alignment done again as I had to pay the shop for their time which is more than fair, they did as much as they could. but will have to do the front all over again.

Attachments

• img_2307_871.jpg
    img_2307_871.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 1,229
  • img_2309_694.jpg
    img_2309_694.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 1,229
  • img_2310_120.jpg
    img_2310_120.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 1,229
  • img_2312_833.jpg
    img_2312_833.jpg