Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Wiring Diagram

Thomp1983

Silverstone
Afternoon,

does anyone have a set of seat wiring diagrams? I had my passenger seat out today and looking at the wiring between the connector on the seat and the connector on the car loom there's several wires connected to nothing and I wondered what they were for.

JQnaRAg.jpg

Mn4E8u5.jpg

the first picture is the connector attached to the seat, the thick red with purple tracer wire and the 4 wires to the right of the connector are all connected to nothing on the car side wiring plug.

the second picture is the car wiring plug and the 3 thin wires to the right also connect to nothing on the seat side of the harness.

The seats themselves are not the originals for my car and I'm wondering if the seats have heated seat pads fitted and I know the car didn't come with them.

thanks
chris

Brilliant Demort I'll look at that more closely once I've finished bodge hunting

If the wires which have yellow and another colour on them all go off to a relay under the seat which has two further cables going off to the back and the base then you have heated seats. There is a small look for this under the seats which connects between the pads and the connector.

MC

Found the relay MC and checking the part number shows it to be a seat heater control unit so I guess we can say my seats are heated, that's a bonus and something else to sort out getting to work before the winter

cheers
chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back