Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 bucket alternative

Pecky

Morning fella's, ive recently been using different method that ive never heard mentioned before.after the normal snow foaming and rince ive been using a second lance with shampoo mixture to lay the shampoo on the car and using one bucket to rinse.lays soap on nice n thick.what do you guys think?

Mmmm....not sure. I see the logic but my initial thoughts are that you would need to wash the whole car before rinsing or you rinse away all your expensive shampoo, and if it's warmer weather you'd need to be quick or it's all drying on the car....stick to 2 buckets-don't fix what isn't broke....same goes for waterless washing! Crazy idea if you don't want to screw your paint.

I've seen a few detailers do this. I would want to rinse off the bits that the initial foam had softened rather than potentially cause swirls with. I rinse, foam rinse foam then 2 bucket wash using the foam as an extra lube. Might be obsessive, but the wetter the better.. :D

I do this.

Good foam lance for snow foam, and the crappy foam lance that karcher sell for the shampoo.

The shampoo doesn't dwell the same way foam does, so I apply shampoo through the lance in sections. Roof & glass, bonnet & wings, doors and rear qtr etc etc

Much quicker to set up and clear away eqpt. Can wash and dry in under an hour.

I now snow foam + leave it sit for about 15 mins.

rinse.

Use the lance to spray the shampoo.

I then use a new wash mit for every panel washing top to bottom.

Microfiber mitts are cheap enough, no need for two buckets + no risk of building up any crud on the mitt going from panel to panel.

Got the idea from this over enthusiastic gent (worth a watch):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qpjOR--Zxg&t=552s

Quick and easy!

markj113 said:

rinse.

Microfiber mitts are cheap enough, no need for two buckets + no risk of building up any crud on the mitt going from panel to panel.

Quick and easy!

Jeez,
Worth a watch ? Only if you like listening to drivel , this guy could almost compete with MrJWW and Schmee for being twats on YouTube
What a load of tosh ...!
What is he on ? These YouTube videos just go to show that there are some narcissistic , egotistical tubes around! Totally pointless video ... why would anyone take heed of what he has to blab on about ...

I'll stick with 2 buckets ... they make far more sense to me AND it's 23 pairs of Chromosomes, but maybe he really only had 23 of them as he said ...

markj113 said:

rinse.

Quick and easy!

Jeez,
Worth a watch ? Only if you like listening to drivel , this guy could almost compete with MrJWW and Schmee for being twats on YouTube
What a load of tosh ...!
What is he on ? These YouTube videos just go to show that there are some narcissistic , egotistical tubes around! Totally pointless video ... why would anyone take heed of what he has to blab on about ...

I'll stick with 2 buckets ... they make far more sense to me AND it's 23 pairs of Chromosomes, but maybe he really only had 23 of them as he said ...

Your so angry you had to post it twice lol.

He may be a little excitable but I think the logic makes sense.

The whole point of the 2 bucket method is to remove grit and contaminants from the mitt before moving on to the next panel so why not just use a nice clean mitt to start with eliminating the whole rinsing in a second bucket process (which will still leave grit and dirt in in the mitt anyway)

By the time you buy another bucket with grit guard an extra few mitts doesnt cost much more.

After spending nearly £1k getting the lambo detailed the price of a few extra mitts to help avoid future swirl marks is pretty insignificant.

markj113 said:
Your so angry you had to post it twice lol.

He may be a little excitable but I think the logic makes sense.

The whole point of the 2 bucket method is to remove grit and contaminants from the mitt before moving on to the next panel so why not just use a nice clean mitt to start with eliminating the whole rinsing in a second bucket process (which will still leave grit and dirt in in the mitt anyway)

By the time you buy another bucket with grit guard an extra few mitts doesnt cost much more.

After spending nearly £1k getting the lambo detailed the price of a few extra mitts to help avoid future swirl marks is pretty insignificant.

'Angry?'.....nay lad ....never .....trigger finger though , and late night posts ....😏

There might be a portion of logic in there , but if the car is really mucky , the normal way to proceed would be use more snow foam passes.......

Mine has ceramic coat , so dirt really does drop of it anyway ....

I always foam and car when it is dry. This way the foam clings for longer and works better :thumb:

For those that really want to be careful my detailer that washes my cars every week has just invested in a car dryer its like a big hair dryer that blows warm air 20 deg warmer than the outside temp . So you could almost get to a position of snowfoam rinse blowdry for those washes where its not heavy dirt on the car , and just a shampoo in the middle for when it is. the dryer thing was about £300 minimal contact with the car has to be better :thumb:

James M-S said:
I do this.

Good foam lance for snow foam, and the crappy foam lance that karcher sell for the shampoo.

The shampoo doesn't dwell the same way foam does, so I apply shampoo through the lance in sections. Roof & glass, bonnet & wings, doors and rear qtr etc etc

Much quicker to set up and clear away eqpt. Can wash and dry in under an hour.

Exactly what I do, but to start with I power wash the car to get rid of top grime layer

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back