Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel colour for Lapis blue car

HSC911

Sebring
Decided to do the BBS LM centres in gold at a later date but refurb the std Hollow spoke wheels now as I just bought 4 tyres for the car :D

Question is, has anyone got any pics or can anyone photoshop some colour options :dont know:

I am either going to go:

a) Shiny silver, not chrome but between normal silver and chrome, maybe a shadow chrome.

b) Weiss gold

c) a Copperry, golden bronze kind of colour

Got until Monday/Tuesday to decide :thumb:

Personally I'd go for the silver option - car is such a great colour you don't want people looking at a set of blingy wheels!

Not gun metal, not silver but what ever is half way between the two :thumb:

I say factory colour for factory wheels, so good ole silver, then experiment with golds and things on the BBS. :thumb:

Looks stunning in the sun. 8)

Marky911 said:
I say factory colour for factory wheels, so good ole silver, then experiment with golds and things on the BBS. :thumb:

Looks stunning in the sun. 8)

I agree, I had the same colour 996 in the past and for sure the pen silver are the best colour with dark blue, my personal opinion

:judge:

Thanks all @marky911 that was before it had the respray :D

Silver it is then :thumb:

I had my turbo wheels redone in GT silver as standard on the turbo S. Nice subtle difference, not quite so bright.

Lapis blue .. sigh .. love that colour !

Standard silver imho .

Mind you .. when the Cayman was launched .. yup many years ago the promo car was lapis blue with colour coded wheels ( lapis blue ) and a thin silver pin strip around the edge ..

Granted they were a different wheel type of wheel and a different car for that matter but dear god it looked good .

HSC - Same colour before the respray though, so quit your jibba jabba. :mrt:

I knew I'd find a way to use that Mr T emoji one day. :grin:

Good point Demort. I'm a sucker for colour coded wheels. Speed yellow or Maritime blue 968CS on body colour Cup1's please. :thumbs:

mr pg said:
I had my turbo wheels redone in GT silver as standard on the turbo S. Nice subtle difference, not quite so bright.

Mine are currently the GT silver, it's great for NOT cleaning brake dust off :grin:

Now where is that Murdoch emoji... :coat:

:grin:

I used to do wheel refurbs when at the OPC .. the colour coded ones i always loved .. most people dont like them and some of the colours people chose didnt suit the car at all .. but i just painted them ..

For me , the little differences like this make a car stand out .. its rare .. its unusal and its not to everyones taiste .. but i like to be different and i like customers that are too :D

Nothing wrong with standard though .

We all like what we like !

Mate you know what I a going to say , anything but ordinary ooops stock :grin: :grin: did like Iains suggestion of that body colour launch model with silver pinstripe, not sure about Weiss on a lapis car although I do think gold alloys are coming back in. Anthersite with a flash of silver on the face was what I had on my midnight gen1.

Attachments

• img_0443_209.jpg
    img_0443_209.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,196
  • img_0447_441.jpg
    img_0447_441.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 2,196
  • img_0446_195.jpg
    img_0446_195.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 2,196

New Threads

Forum statistics