Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 Iris Blue, anyone know this car?

NENO

I'm still searching for a 996.1 GT3 and the market seems incredibly slow if not stagnant at the moment.

Does anyone know this car?
http://www.markshannon.net/details.asp?StockID=11228

I believe it's been with the current owner since 2007 so it's perhaps a long shot for history but thought it worth an ask.

porsche-911-gt3-996-S3518059-4.jpg

Thanks man, yes I think it has spent some time on track given the cage and brakes but that's not a problem to me. I kind of figured that would mean that it was known, there are only six Iris blues or something.

Haha! Yes I've spotted the CS at 911box, again that looks lovely. Sadly it's out of my price range but do you think it represents good value for money or is it someone speculating? My understanding was that CS's were worth much more that comfort cars....

NENO said:
Thanks man, yes I think it has spent some time on track given the cage and brakes but that's not a problem to me. I kind of figured that would mean that it was known, there are only six Iris blues or something.

Haha! Yes I've spotted the CS at 911box, again that looks lovely. Sadly it's out of my price range but do you think it represents good value for money or is it someone speculating? My understanding was that CS's were worth much more that comfort cars....

Clubsports do command a premium, but not to the level this car is priced at (though some of the premium will be attached to its relatively low mileage)
Lapis isn't what I'd call a GT/RS colour, and neither is it particularly sought after) hence the relative scarcity of Mk 1 GT3's in this hue.
The car at 911Box will be there for a long time (unless the price is dropped by between £10-15k) imo.

Yeah that one has been stinking out the PH classifieds for ages - along with a host of others to be fair. I'd personally look at the one at Eporsch first, lower mileage and I personally prefer black over this blue. Missing sticker in the engine bay doesn't provide comfort but could probably be nothing.

As stated 911Box car looks overpriced especially compared to the RPM CS which has a lot less miles and is in a better colour but it's a MK2 - which I could just about live with :grin:

PindiXpress said:
Yeah that one has been stinking out the PH classifieds for ages - along with a host of others to be fair.
Intriguing, I've been watching since the start of the year and it's not been up, was it for sale last year as well then? If it was I'm surprised if no-one around these parts has seen it, or have I missed something obvious?

PindiXpress said:
I'd personally look at the one at Eporsch first, lower mileage and I personally prefer black over this blue. Missing sticker in the engine bay doesn't provide comfort but could probably be nothing.
Seen it...

Slippydiff said:
Lapis isn't what I'd call a GT/RS colour, and neither is it particularly sought after) hence the relative scarcity of Mk 1 GT3's in this hue.
The car at 911Box will be there for a long time (unless the price is dropped by between £10-15k) imo.
Thanks Henry, but I love blue cars :mrgreen: and I'm not going to pay £15k over the odds for SL, however lovely it looks.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt3-996/porsche-996-gt3-mk1/8832158

Having said the market is dead, three have come up this week :roll:

Again it's says 'Clubsport Spec' meaning all added post factory. Punchy price taking that into account. It also has the hideous rear bumper spoilers fitted!!!

NENO said:
Slippydiff said:
Thanks Henry, but I love blue cars :mrgreen: and I'm not going to pay £15k over the odds for SL, however lovely it looks.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-gt3-996/porsche-996-gt3-mk1/8832158

Best Colour though...

:popcorn:

NENO said:
Intriguing, I've been watching since the start of the year and it's not been up, was it for sale last year as well then? If it was I'm surprised if no-one around these parts has seen it, or have I missed something obvious?

I reckon it's been for sale around 18-24 months - I remember seeing it for sale in 2016 although the price has come down since then. I've been watching since I sold my old one 2 years ago but have now decided to go another route.

NENO said:
PindiXpress said:
Yeah that one has been stinking out the PH classifieds for ages - along with a host of others to be fair.

PindiXpress said:
I'd personally look at the one at Eporsch first, lower mileage and I personally prefer black over this blue. Missing sticker in the engine bay doesn't provide comfort but could probably be nothing.
Seen it...

Me too !! To save others wasting their time, it has a history, vendor was semi-transparent about its past, but not until I'd made the 250 mile/4 hour round trip ... Looks very tidy, but overpriced for a non-original panel car.

NENO said:
Slippydiff said:

Vendor known for his 'punchy" prices. Tequipment cage, not Clubsport, leather seats... it's a Comfort with LWT flywheel and clutch...
Not worth £80k of anybody's money. All the moreso with the state of the market currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back