Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Considering a 991 Targa as a daily???

RJW1881

Good afternoon all, as the title suggests I am considering getting a 991 Targa for my wife to use as her daily driver and a family car (6 year old daughter) on sunny weekends. She has just come out of a 228i convertible and now wants something faster that wont mess her hair up with the roof off. I think the Targa will tick the boxes and hopefully wont depreciate as fast as something like a C63 with a panoramic roof.

I have run a 997.1 turbo manual for the last 3 years as a weekend car so am familiar with the brand but don't actually know that much about the 991. Can anybody offer any advice on what I should be looking out for?

Budget is about £80k so looking at 2014/15 car with sub 40k miles.

Many thanks in advance.

RJW1881 said:
She has just come out of a 228i convertible and now wants something faster that wont mess her hair up with the roof off.

The one complaint I have read about the 991 Targa is the buffeting you get with the roof off. Pretty sure I have read some owners saying it's worse than on the Cab.

Best looking non GT 991 imho.

£85/87 should get you a good sub 20,000 mile car

great looking car the combination of the retro Targa look and the modern wide body, and a cracking car to drive

My wife uses hers as a daily driver and has no real issues, its a very comfy car to drive, and with the PDK is a doddle to pootle about in, and fun when you want it to be. I'd recommend it. We've done about 10k miles so far with no issues, car was on 15k miles when we bought it i think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back