Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Value

Hi guys, a friend of mine has a 99 Carrera 2 Tiptronic. Black with black interior, with fairly basic spec. It's only done around 25k miles and is in pretty mint condition apart from a small paint blemish on one panel. It's got a full Porsche history and has been garaged from new.

Would anyone be able to give an idea of what sort of value it has?

Pluses -

Mileage
Condition

Negatives -

Tiptronic
Condition - Paintwork will need whole side doing if it's metallic.

In truth we need more info. Recent work, rads, water-pump, tyres, etc?
Low miles doesn't save them. Full history, as in every year, regardless of miles?

Low mileage should mean suspension, brake lines etc are fine.

On the limited info I'd say £20k. Tip holds it back and paint could cost £1500.
Mileage is a plus to anyone buying or who has a low miles one, but you'll always get someone with a 140k miler telling you that's the way forward. :grin:

At the end of the day for how much longer are 20 year old ones going to pop up with 25k on clock? How much that is worth to you, only you know. :thumb:

PS. If the mark on paintwork is just a blemish then a good detailer maybe able to sort it. You can wet sand and buff out a lot of imperfections on cars before needing paint.

£16k

Yeah its been serviced at Porsche every year regardless of mileage, they collect it and bring it back.

I had around £20k in my head, I think £16k is a bit low considering the mileage/condition, albeit a pov spec tip.

There's a nice gen 2 manual with 31k on it on autotrader for £18,950.

I would think that £18k would be the most someone would pay privately, £20k from a dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back