Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AOS dead - smoke and vacuum

MarkGolf

Sao Paulo
Hi All,

I've spoke before about this but only just got around to checking my car out.

When my car is left for more than a few hours, I'll get a puff of smoke which surrounds the area and is embarrassing. It's not every time and no way of working out a pattern.

I pulled my oil cap off with the car running and you can hear suction of air and the engine runs different but this is normal as I guess it is just unmetered air going on. I can flip the oil cap around the place it over the filler neck and the suction holds it in place but it isn't overly strong but what's normal, I don't know?

Is this a sign of a dodgy AOS?

33K mile car.

Cheers

Yes - based on my similar experience, I'd agree your AOS has a problem.

Usually happens after a spirited run where it pulls oil vapor up into the throttle body so the next time you start the car you get a lot of burnt oil being pulled into all the cylinders, the tell tale sign is that it'll do it from both exhausts.

Think this is what I've just has done on mine. Was using more oil than usual and tailpipes on both sides where getting black. note both, not one :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back