Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman S/GTS - 981

mikeluke

Anyone out there had/driven a 981 Cayman S and GTS? Thinking about this as a next step, assuming my 996 Turbo S gets sold.

Interested in view on the comparison - wallet says 'S' - everything else says 'GTS' !

Should have added

PDK version

So much depends on what spec S you can find. The premium required for a GTS seems a lot to justify for the extra 15(?) bhp when a top spec S can be had for far less £££s.

Terry - I agree - however, there are not many top spec 'S's out there. Ones with sports chrono and PSE/PASM seem to be like hen's teeth!

I'd get a well-specced 'S' - they are out there but not many will all the bells and whistles. Jonttt will tell you to get the GTS :roll:

My two penneth,

I would love a GTS but I couldnt justify the extra cost.

Yes, if you love the bells and whistles but also consider mileage, somehow the GTS seem more mileage sensitive, i.e. you don't seem to see so many used with mileage as high as the S models.

Maybe they are more of a weekend warrior car for some?
That may be agood thing when buying but not such a good thing if you ntend to put many miles on it.

Thanks, guys - that ties with my head/wallet thinking - itching to get back into a Porsche but need the £££ from sale of the 996T to be able to move forward. Other piece of advice that I have had is that the leather seats in the S are a better choice than the alcantara in the GTS in terms of wear - some GTS's get the de-specced option of leather but quite rare

I went from a 996T to a 981CS 3 years ago. About to head off on our 4th euro trip in it, for which it makes a great choice. We've got a well spec'd car (PASM, PDK, chrono, sports+ seats, PTV, PDLS), the only things missing are PSE and DAB. The biggest thing I miss from the 996T is the torque. A fully loaded 981 (both boots full, tank full and two adults) does need ringing out (not a chore) on steep alpine climbs, but is a better tourer (our turbo had a Tubi exhaust). Try one, I think you'll like it.

I am going to look at a car tomorrow - do need the £££ from my sale though - I keep looking out of the window thinking that I am missing some nice hot days to take a run down to the coast....

Zingari said:
I'd get a well-specced 'S' - they are out there but not many will all the bells and whistles. Jonttt will tell you to get the GTS :roll:

Get a GTS :grin:

In all seriousness a GTS will have a lower total cost of ownership than an S if you can tie up the capital, running costs are the same, desirability is a lot higher. This will be amplified by the fact the last NA Cayster in GTS sound is one of the best sounding cars that you buy for any price, I firmly believe it will always be sought after and the gap to an S in value will only widen.

The PSE on an S can be retrofitted but the GTS sounds even better ;-)

Either way a great drivers car, what a summer to own one :wink:

I've just purchased one coming from a 997.1S. Will feed back when I pick her up next week. Manual in Agate Grey. Having read Jon TT posts I'm expecting to be in for a treat.

I've just purchased one coming from a 997.1S. Will feed back when I pick her up next week. Manual in Agate Grey. Having read Jon TT posts I'm expecting to be in for a treat.

:mrgreen:

Need to sell my current car first!!!!

I have a Cayman GTS PDk :mrgreen:

I also have a 997.1S which I have had for 4 years and loved. However it will be up for sale when I finally get it back from Hartech... Whilst it was there I fell in love with a bright yellow GTS and bought it...Only had it for just over a month but love it 8)

Attachments

• img_5793a_159.jpg
    img_5793a_159.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 5,025

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back