Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The sun is relentless where my car lives -advice on cover?

wilpert

Hello,

I'm not going to moan abouth the weather because i love the sun.

But, as my car lives outdoors on the front elevation, which gets full sun, i need advice on something that I can use to cover the car to keep the heat out a bit.

I dont want a full on car cover because I use the car daily but preferaby something that I can just drape over the windows or top that removes easily and can be kept in the boot.

I saw something like this on a car today, that hooked over the rear window but it was outside a customers house so I felt it best not to steal it. :?:

I was expecting Phil to recommend something like this....

Attachments

• gg_206.jpg
    gg_206.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 2,812
Although I am warming to the camouflage option.

I reckon it will create a hard nut image :?:

Attachments

• s_l500_794.jpg
    s_l500_794.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,784
  • s_l500_197.jpg
    s_l500_197.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,784
Mike, dam the secrets out :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 2b342f2ff819893057c02ce6870d85d0_lifes_too_short_audi_140.jpg
    2b342f2ff819893057c02ce6870d85d0_lifes_too_short_audi_140.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 2,783
Will
If I can jump in on this. Although the two items that Phil posted seem like a good idea, ultimately they're not going to work. I'm reading between the lines in that your car sits all day and you're trying to avoid the heat build up.
The two that Phil put up are good if you're only stopping for an hour or so, but leaving your car outside all day, the sun heats all the metals and the heat soak travels through to your interior leaving you in the same net position. The only way you're going to avoid having a hot car is having the whole car in shade.
I'd take the position and accept that this is the way it is, protectt the dash with a towel or one of the reflector fold out things that sit on the inside of your windscreen, or try and locate a shaded (not under a tree) spot to park.
I still bear the scar of the branding of the seat belt buckle from childhood :thumb:

Double post :pc:

wilpert said:
Phil 997 said:
Wilbert there are these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/automati...nshade-Roof-Cover-UV-Protection-/112975581399

Phil,

if i rocked up at my office with one of those I'd be even more of a laughing stock that I am already :eek:

I was thinking more of something that would drape over the window or part of car, that can be removed easily.

That set up above would invite homeless people to live on top of the car :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: The second link in my post should be what you need mate but the camo car brolly is cool :thumb:

Attachments

• 51oqco_ng_l_143.jpg
    51oqco_ng_l_143.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,768
FZP said:
Will
If I can jump in on this. Although the two items that Phil posted seem like a good idea, ultimately they're not going to work. I'm reading between the lines in that your car sits all day and you're trying to avoid the heat build up.
The two that Phil put up are good if you're only stopping for an hour or so, but leaving your car outside all day, the sun heats all the metals and the heat soak travels through to your interior leaving you in the same net position. The only way you're going to avoid having a hot car is having the whole car in shade.
I'd take the position and accept that this is the way it is, protectt the dash with a towel or one of the reflector fold out things that sit on the inside of your windscreen, or try and locate a shaded (not under a tree) spot to park.
I still bear the scar of the branding of the seat belt buckle from childhood :thumb:

Dam Frank the brand sounds painful , is that why you walk like you do mate :floor: :floor:

Could you put up a 'pop-up' gazebo over the car? Short term solution that would give shade and you could then take it down when you don't need the shade

Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
Will

Dam Frank the brand sounds painful , is that why you walk like you do mate :floor: :floor:
Well usually I would respond with a it's my manhood that makes me walk like that but in this case, you're spot on :grin:

Thanks all,.

Ive ended up with a slightly more basic idea.

I just couldnt do the giant umbrella or pop up tent options in the car park, I think I would look a bit of a tw8t so I went with this:

Attachments

• img_2769_167.jpg
    img_2769_167.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 2,635

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back