Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Undertrays off!

Johnd52

Hockenheim
I have been piling on the miles so thought to take advantage of the great weather and take the undertrays off for a clean up. Not the easiest thing to do with just the front up on ramps, but a good workout. Result...nearly two kilos of dirt and gravel emptied out, and even found salt crystals on a couple of steel pressings. Everything cleaned and protected now, so next up are the wheel arch liners, then behind the bumpers.

Does this mean I am officially a nerd, or just weird? Just knowing it is all clean and tidy, even though no one can see it, is very satisfying. Lots of fasteners put back with a touch of copper grease (which has a rather nice smell!)

I don't think looking after anything to the best of your ability is weird. I'll go as far to say I think it's weird when you don't look after something to the best of your ability.

Johnd52 said:
I have been piling on the miles so thought to take advantage of the great weather and take the undertrays off for a clean up. Not the easiest thing to do with just the front up on ramps, but a good workout. Result...nearly two kilos of dirt and gravel emptied out, and even found salt crystals on a couple of steel pressings. Everything cleaned and protected now, so next up are the wheel arch liners, then behind the bumpers.

Does this mean I am officially a nerd, or just weird? Just knowing it is all clean and tidy, even though no one can see it, is very satisfying. Lots of fasteners put back with a touch of copper grease (which has a rather nice smell!)

Satisfying :thumb:

Nothing like job satisfaction from looking after your P&J like no one else will.

I want to do my arches when I swap in some fresh stoppers.

I would say you are being sensible and as you have found out .. the amount of dirt that collects in the undertrays sometimes has to be seen to be belived !

Not my cup of tea doing it on the floor though .. hats off there young man :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back