Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disaster ..... and a warning!

jond58

Nurburgring
So, not posted for a little while! Had a nightmare (well a first world problem anyway, but they're still problems!!!)
Last week decided the car wanted a long and spirited run out! We booked a hotel in Wales, about 180 miles away. Car prepped, looking stunning and set off.
Not three miles from home North Yorkshire County Council decided the high temperatures may lift their stupid gravel covered road surface and that they should "dust" the road.
I was behind the wagon that wasn't initially doing anything then at 35mph he turned his "dust distributor" on and promptly covered my car in gravel!
I now have around 100 stone chips and obviously involved in decisions of who's paying!
If you have this occurring near you stay well away, turn round and go somewhere else which I wish I had!
Unless obviously you already require paintwork but wish for someone else to pay for it!

On a positive note the car was faultless and seen as I knew the front was going to require painting was given a damn good, but mechanically sympathetic, thrashing!

I wonder if the Road truck driver saw the Porsche behind and had a little snigger and did it deliberately.
Hope you manage to make them pay!!

Apparently this had occurred before, I assume the wagon is full of dust but also some parts that aren't as well crushed, been heavier these sink and come out first. You can see how it happened but it doesn't help! Anyway they do seem to have accepted responsibility. Particularly as a friend of mine saw the same thing happen a few days later and videod the wagon doing over 35mph!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back