Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

France drive Monday, police targeting drivers????

MNC911

Sao Paulo
Hotel booked tonight in Folkestone, early Eurotunnel Monday morning. I've been reading so many write ups regarding the traffic police targeting drivers, more so than usual. Has anyone just come back and has observed this? Especially in the 911 during Le Mann.

I think this trip the cruise control is going to be used all the way, those fines are ridiculous expensive. I'll stay on the toll roads all the way from Calais to Le Mann and onto La Rochelle. Toĺl tag all set up in the windscreen and rucksack filled with the mandatory hi-vis, alc testers, bulbs etc on the back seat. Good time to try out the PCM3 NAV update and I'll give feedback on my return.

Safe journey to everyone going.

Matt

We used to have a place in Normandy, it was a regular occurrence to see police bikes concealed on the Caen Peripherique (ring road) waiting for the Brits travelling back to catch the ferry.

There is a short section of road where the speed limit drops as it goes over a bridge, I didn't even appreciate what I had done when pulled over but had to hand over 150 euros for the privilege.

Six bikes targeting the Brits twice a day, every day like shooting fish in a barrel, and to make it worse they are trained to converse in fluent English!

Take care Matt

Use Waze and update others of Ze Plod. Data should now be he same as back home because of the changes in law.

Just make sure you turn off Waze if you do get pulled over.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back