Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car booster seat

Kbald

Monza
Hi all after being to smyths and halfords im struggling to find a seat for my 3 year old to sit in the back in.

I have searched threads but they all seem old and most models are discontinued.

I know the halfords essential 123 fits but i wnted one with isofix too to use in my other cars too. Could anyone let me know of any that fit please? Also do you keep the base cushion in or take it out?

Thanks in advance

Try the Trunki boostapak if you're not bothered about a back rest.

Doubles up as a kids rucksack also.

Regarding the seat pad, try a folded towel instead for a better fit.

The problem with the seats with built in ISOFIX (which dont clip to a separate ISO base) is that the ISO bits stick out the bottom. Not a problem if you use it in the front seat, but in the back of a 911, it would hit the back of the seat bucket hole. They also seem to have a wider base.

The halfords 123 is only £35->£40, I have 2 in the back of my 997. One for my 2 year old and one for a (nearly) 5 year old. Both fit in lovely. I took the seat back & bases out of my car, just as it lets the seat fit in a bit better and gives the kids a bit more leg room.

Whilst the halfords 123 will fit any car using the normal car seat belt, for the wife & in laws car I have a Britax Romer KIDFIX II XP SICT which has build in ISOFIX. It doesnt fit in the back of my 997 but is ideal for their cars. Whether or not safety wise there is any difference, who knows, but I figured as her car has ISO fittings then we may as well use them. It did however cost £180 so a *lot* more expensive than the halfords option.

Thanks both. At the moment i definatelty want s porper seat till hes a bit older. The essentials one seemed to be pretty cheap so wasnt sure if it would be compromising safety but i suppose nowdays you csnt sell snything that isnt safe to use so maybe the one to go with.

i have a porsche seat that fits...not sure the going rate as my son is 6 now

Kbald said:
Thanks both. At the moment i definatelty want s porper seat till hes a bit older. The essentials one seemed to be pretty cheap so wasnt sure if it would be compromising safety but i suppose nowdays you csnt sell snything that isnt safe to use so maybe the one to go with.

Well that was my logic as well. They all have to be certified and pass the same safety standards etc. The halfords seat is also suitable from 9months until 12 years old (or something like that), so you would get your moneys worth out of it over the years.

£60 + shipping. looking for pic now attached[/img]

has the iso fixings but not used them as it fits snug in a 997

Attachments

• s_l300_144.jpg
    s_l300_144.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,828
James M-S said:
Try the Trunki boostapak if you're not bothered about a back rest.

Doubles up as a kids rucksack also.

Regarding the seat pad, try a folded towel instead for a better fit.

Sorry, I missed the isofix requirement. The Trunki one is not isofix.

Also using the Halfords 1,2,3 for my daughter (3) and a Halfords high back booster already had for my son (6).

Think the cheap price is because of lack of comfort (very little padding) and features (no tilt) rather than safety, so wouldn't worry there.

Really not much else on sale that fits the back seats (tried quite alot of different models).

Just use the money saved to buy another seat for your other car with isofix if wanted.

Thanks for the offer robbiej but the misses is a no go for a second hand car seat. Im sure it would be fine but not worth a divorce bill! Stick it on ebay though they are going for ok money on there!

I have seen a couple of britax ones that seem to be mentioned online as fitting. Evola 123 and kid 2 so might have a trip to mothercare on saturday and see if not its back to halfords for the essentials 123. Thanks for the input everyone. :thumb:

No Problem understand

My wife was the same, now she is getting more realistic since my son destroys most things anyway.

A new one will be covered in crumbs and spilled milk in 2 weeks.....

We thought the same regarding the ISOFIX but then reality bit (hard - twins = double everything). We spent decent money on the 'daily' seats for her car (Joie Every Stage Group 0+/1/2/3 Car Seat, Black via John Lewis) and didnt even go for ISOFIX in the end. Make sure you understand how the seatbelts go on and its actually just as fast to fit. *But*!! You'll end up never taking them out till you no longer need them! We found it was easier to just get the Hlafords seats for in-laws cars, and I'm going to do the same for my 996.

Seat base - apparently if you remove this, many smaller seats will fit.
Apparently the Britx Romer is the same as the official Porsche one, but I'll be getting the boggo Joie Elevate 1/2/3 I think. Netiehr child will ever drive up front, and the majority of the padding and price you pay for the other seats is due to their rear-facing capabilities. Front-facing uses the car airbags so the cheap seats are perfectly good.

Thanks thats another one to try! Will try and get one sorted is weekend and update the post if i find anyhting else that fits.

So finally ended up buying the jole elevate from halfrauds to get it home and find it didnt fit! Back down and bought the essentials 123 which does fit so saga over! Seems fine and the lad seemed to like it so all good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back