Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

KE06 MZZ 997.1 returned to dealer - Christopher Jackson Ltd

Wildhog

997.1 returned to dealer

I have been asked to share my experience with this group, hopefully to stop someone buying a car with a major fault.
I bought a black 997.1 KE06 MZZ from Christopher Jackson Ltd of Alderley Edge, Cheshire in March this year.
A month or so later I took it to Cath Burrow in Wigan to check out a slow starter motor. While I was there she photographed the bores and found bore scoring. She told me it is a "ticking timebomb" and to take it back to the dealer.
I did so (after confirmation from Hartech) and gave him the option to repair or replace the car.
After I sent two letters, he offered me a deal on a Gen2 car and I took it.
Two days later he has put KE06 MZZ back on the forecourt at the original price.
I do not wish to offer an opinion on this, just to make people aware of it.

This dealer is 2 streets away from me. I might wander in this afternoon :?:
Well done for posting it up. It's a shame that someone is going to buy this and have it go bang(no doubt outside of the warranty period) and be heart broken after the fact that it was a known fault.

Not a dealer I'd even approach about buying a car - any car.
Someone for sure will buy it as a ticking time-bomb.There are many buyers out there who buy with their heart rather than their head.

shame, it does look nice (albeit high miles).

Anyone fancy dropping them a message asking if it's ever had the bores inspected :D

Saw this on Facebook too :eek:

Well done for telling us that KE06MZZ or KE06 MZZ being sold by Christoper Jackson Limited Ltd of Alderley Edge has bore scoring issues a potential problem! :bandit:

:thumb:

buttertubs said:
shame, it does look nice (albeit high miles).

Anyone fancy dropping them a message asking if it's ever had the bores inspected :D

Don't worry...seller will be posting on here soon :roll:

:popcorn:

Well done for telling us that KE06MZZ or KE06 MZZ being sold by Christoper Jackson Limited Ltd of Alderley Edge has bore scoring issues a potential problem! Bandit

Thumb

Just driven past and can confirm it's on the forecourt as per the advert. APPALLING! This isn't the first shennanigans I've heard about this dealer.

I can't be sure that I'm the first to have returned this car, but I sincerely hope I am the last.

This is a photo of one of the cylinders.

Attachments

• capture_284.jpg
    capture_284.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 21,745
From what I've previously been told knowing that from this dealer doesn't surprise me.

I've never bought from them so can't comment but this is bad practice rather than sucking it up and getting it fixed before offering it for sale. :nooo: Or will they rely on the new buyer making a warranty claim :dont know:

a bit of a error by the dealer to take in a car with a well known common issue present. Why would they not bore scope it before buying it or allowing it to be traded it in.

buttertubs said:
a bit of a error by the dealer to take in a car with a well known common issue present. Why would they not bore scope it before buying it or allowing it to be traded it in.

I would suggest that the fact they are quite happy to retail it again knowing it has issues means they more than likely new about them in the first place.

Or I could just be an old cynic?

I can see this getting curly. Should the engine fail within the warranty period, and the insurer see this post that it's a known issue, they may say tough luck and not pay out in the claim. Leaving new owner up for the hassle of legal costs to get it resolved with the dealer.

Oh no not another dodgy dealer , when will then get it that you cant be dodgy in the 21st century social media driven world and stay in business long. It is soooooo important to get a PPI and borescope before buying a 996 or 997 especially from not one of the handful of trusted sellers in the uk, but many new to the marque dont suss this until after purchase :nooo: :nooo:
Still on a positive note at least we have a thread to keep us busy for the next few days until the Stealer comes on here and has a pop :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back