Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What Baz of Hartech got up to 45 years ago

bazhart

Barcelona
Today the Classic Bike Magazine July issue contains a story with few photos about my exploits in the World of Motorcycle racing in the mid-'70's.

The relevance may well escape some but we are about to make public our technical resume about why making "oversized" Porsche engines exploit a lot of technical benefits that trying to tune a standard sized engine miss out on and I think there is still a link that will be obvious when you read how fast the bikes I made were compared to full Works opposition - using ideas that I refer to directly in our imminent report that are still as relevant today over 40 years later.

I hope it also will result in confirming to those doubters that cannot wait to find ways to discredit what we do - that everything I have ever mentioned about my past involvement in Moto GP was true!

Anyway although I tend to shy away from personal publicity - they do say if you don't blow your own trumpet - no one else will - so on this occasion I felt this article deserved mentioning.

A slightly embarrassed Baz

Sorry Baz, couldn't resist :)

iizqGrc.jpg

:thumb:

:thumb:

It's all worth celebrating!

bazhart said:
Thanks Alex - just so everyone knows - I am not in that picture - so you can't blame the clothing style on me LOL

Baz

At the bottom, it say's L-R x, fit bird, bloke of Eastenders & Barry Hart :?

rdodger said:
Is that David Essex sat on the bike? :dont know:

From the film Silver Dream Racer... fairly awful film if I remember correctly

C4-STORM said:
Phil 997 said:
Nothing to be embarassed about Baz, apart from the flares and wing collar shirt :grin: :grin: Lokk forward to your report you mention :thumb: :thumb:

and you know when you have made your mark on the world when a car is being sold and its mentioned in the ad that it belonged to you personally :thumb:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

... a bit like Ben Dover's :grin:

I knew his mate Roger Emaul :grin:
I personally dont believe thats not Baz in the pic with David Essex and need a 1970s photo of Baz as evidence to disprove that Baz didnt check Christina for borescore all those years ago :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back