Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake discs

peterzoom

I have been a busy boy in the braking department and have been replacing front discs and brakes on the 996, rear discs and brakes on the 986 Boxster and rear discs and brakes on the 987 Boxster over the weekend.

I have been buying parts over the last 4 months each time I spotted an offer or flash sale on ECP or CARPARTS4LESS.

As a little experiment I bought various different combinations of discs and pads to see how they fare in use and fitment.

Initial impressions are that straight out of the box the discs and pads from BREMBO for the 987 have a much nicer cosmetic finish. The disc bells have a nice semi gloss metallic dark grey coating that seems quality and the pads were a superb fit with excellent initial feel and bite over the bedding in period.

The SEBRO and PAGID discs for the 996 and 986 respectively looked and felt identical to each other and really did look the same. I chose TEXSTAR pads for the 996 and PAGID for the 986. The PAGID pads had a slightly rougher finish to the edges, so needed a touch of fettling, and felt a little dull during the first few miles after bedding in but the TEXSTARS were good in feel and bite but did seem to be throwing off more dust.

I will update this if there are any items of interest as the miles move up. But overall I would say that if I was to be doing some more brakes in the near future I would most likely go for a Brembo/ Brembo disc/pad combination.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back