Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake light

TobesEtc

Right hand brake light stopped working.

Switch the bulb and grey holder to the left, it works.

Switch the left to the right, it works. (so problem "fixed")

Switch back, right stops working again.

I'm assuming there's a bit of corrosion on the bulb holder or right loom that makes a contact with one connector but not the other - unless there's another explanation?

Try tweaking the tension in the bulb contacts and fit ToreB's led set, brilliant.

Another vote for Tore's lights. Brilliant service, brilliant products and brilliant candle power. :thumb:

Tore's kit is an idea - except I can't find a Brake Light kit on it's own, only a complete LED kit...and on on the site it's way too complicated working out what I need! Euro spec... red rear direction... clear front direction... too confusing.

I only want a brake light! I'll end up braking (boom boom!) something else and not fixing this!

Is it possible to buy the grey bulb holders separately?

LED bulb BAY15D/1157 Red are the brake lights.
The bulb holders are made by Hella and should have a part no on them or a VW/Audi part no. Probably find they are used on some VW at a fraction of Porsche price.

I fitted Tore's full kit, including the third brake light, and I must say I love it. Much brighter and in the current high sunlight you can see the rear indicators where as the old incandescent ones were very weak.

Endoman said:
LED bulb BAY15D/1157 Red are the brake lights.
The bulb holders are made by Hella and should have a part no on them or a VW/Audi part no. Probably find they are used on some VW at a fraction of Porsche price.

Thanks Endo', may go for this as it's only thirty quid:
https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/led-bulb-bay15d-1157-red.html

Is that just a simple "unscrew bulb, screw in LED" solution?

The Hella option is a good idea, will check that out as it might fix the bit that's actually faulty!

Yes straight swap. I've fitted all Tore's leds and the Hid headlight. T-lock remote, OBC lead and I use his leds in the 944. He is very helpful and his stuff top quality.

Googling the Hella bulb holder didn't work so I've emailed Hella to ask the question. I'll let you know FYI if I get anywhere with that.

Hella: "VW will not let us sell any spares for their product. It maybe our units, but VW own the rights for the bulb holders. So it would be a dealer part"

...trying VW.

Looks like the bulb holders are on ToreB's site.

I would order the full kit "T-LED, PORSCHE 993 LED KIT, EURO", which is what I've got on mine - VERY BRIGHT in comparison to incandescents.

Kit contents:
4 pcs Amber BA15S (1156) 30W LED bulbs for turn signals front/rear
2 pcs Amber wedge 5W LED bulbs for front fender side turn signals
2 pcs red BAY15D (1157) 30W LED bulbs for rear/brake lights
2 pcs White BA15S (1156) 30W LED bulbs for reverse lights
1 flash relay

As it has amber bulbs for indicators doesn't matter if you've got red or amber rears (will show amber) or clear or amber fronts as will show amber.

Superb product.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back