Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitted - GT3 RS wheels

squelch

Today I fitted a set of GT3 RS Centre Locking wheels to my GTS.

The GTS's CL's just didn't fill the rear arches as I'd like and as you can't use spacers on CL's, the 12" GT3RS rears were my preferred option. I've always liked the polished rim of the GTS wheels and was thinking about having a polished / silver rim done around the edge of the RS wheels - but the all black is growing on me...

Attachments

• img_8433a_155.jpg
    img_8433a_155.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,348
  • img_8436a_169.jpg
    img_8436a_169.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,347
Looking great Matt, they are perfect as they are, you should be well chuffed :thumb:

:eek: that looks fantastic mate :thumb:

What about dropping it a bit more :grin:

Look fantastic

I know that the rear GT3/GT2 RS wheels have the correct offset, however don't the front RS wheels protrude around 10mm past the front wheel arch which is why the GT3/2 RS have extended front wheel arches

However the std GT3 centre lock wheel has the correct offset for your car.

That's why this conversion becomes expensive as it requires the front wheels from the std GT3 and the rear from the GT3/2 RS, so normally have to buy 2 sets of wheels.

You also need a set of black centre locks to finnish off the stealth look :thumb:

Matt really like what your doing to that car mate it looks better and better :thumb: :thumb:

Looks great. They are the best wheels!

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm really pleased with the look :D

I thought someone may suggest a bit more of a drop and I can see where they're coming from but I've already heard a couple of minor scrapes from underneath (I think it's the brake cooling ducts rather than the splitter though) and I think any lower would detract from my enjoyment of the car. The handling on the Eibachs is superb!!

Regarding the black centre nuts, sadly having said they were included in the sale I think the seller overlooked that he'd need them for his new wheels so I've used my original ones - I think I like them as it highlights the centre nut (sometimes I think all black wheels can look like the wheel trims have just fallen off).

Bikeracer1098's comment about the fitment of the RS fronts protruding beyond the arch is valid, but the lower offset helps and means that they are about 15mm further out (so equivalent of a 15mm spacer). It's close but they don't protrude - if you look closely at the RS's extended front arches, you can see that the wheels are slightly tucked in and the arch gives plenty of cover.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments - these cars are just awesome!! :thumb:

I like the different colour centre nuts, I think all black would be too much.

I'm surprised you're saying they don't protrude. I fitted them to my car and before I fitted the flared arches the wheels did protrude. I don't understand if they're not but great anyway. Car looks fab.

Looks very 8)

And very
darth.gif

:thumb:

squelch said:
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm really pleased with the look :D

I thought someone may suggest a bit more of a drop and I can see where they're coming from but I've already heard a couple of minor scrapes from underneath (I think it's the brake cooling ducts rather than the splitter though) and I think any lower would detract from my enjoyment of the car. The handling on the Eibachs is superb!!

Regarding the black centre nuts, sadly having said they were included in the sale I think the seller overlooked that he'd need them for his new wheels so I've used my original ones - I think I like them as it highlights the centre nut (sometimes I think all black wheels can look like the wheel trims have just fallen off).

Bikeracer1098's comment about the fitment of the RS fronts protruding beyond the arch is valid, but the lower offset helps and means that they are about 15mm further out (so equivalent of a 15mm spacer). It's close but they don't protrude - if you look closely at the RS's extended front arches, you can see that the wheels are slightly tucked in and the arch gives plenty of cover.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments - these cars are just awesome!! :thumb:

Do you mind me asking who did you buy the wheels from?

If they are not protruding past the wheel arch you have definitely got the front wheels from a GT3 (not GT3RS) with rear GT3RS wheels.

Next time you take the wheels off check the part numbers for reference.

isysman said:

I'm surprised you're saying they don't protrude. I fitted them to my car and before I fitted the flared arches the wheels did protrude. I don't understand if they're not but great anyway. Car looks fab.

That's because the front wheels will be off a std GT3 (not GT3 RS)

Bikeracer1098 said:
isysman said:

That's because the front wheels will be off a std GT3 (not GT3 RS)

I know about the different wheels. I was going on what he said the wheels are.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Do you mind me asking who did you buy the wheels from?

If they are not protruding past the wheel arch you have definitely got the front wheels from a GT3 (not GT3RS) with rear GT3RS wheels.

To be fair the wheels were advertised here quoting RS offsets front and back.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=128340

You can see however in the ad photos that the fronts are not protruding so are GT3s not RSs..........so as you say Matt has the right ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back