Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2006 997 c2 manual coolant pipes

haywod

Hi,

some advise would be greatly received, had a major service done about two weeks ago ,all good to tbh, however the machinic did mention that the front coolant pipes etc could do with changing not leaking may I add ,I was quoted over £700.00 is this a little steep(':eek:')
He mentioned they would have to lower the subframe to fit ,can this be done without so ?
How difficult of a job is it ,looked on the web but couldn't really find anything.
Any advice would be appreciated .
p.
:eek:

That's certainly a common issue, you'll see the joins if you park up with wheels on full lock , inside wheel arch.

Is that from an Indy and for both pipes? Including coolant flush?
They'll do this job often, so if go with price and quality of work rather than the method they use.
If answers to above are all yes, then it's ok.
😊

:agree:

If that is for all of the front coolant pipes then its actually cheap .. if not then i would advise haveing them all replaced at the same time then plenty of wax oil on the metal parts.

This fault effects Caymans and Boxters as well im afraid.

Attachments

• 845ec76ced869ab6de8fa1f8ef17cf21_411.jpg
    845ec76ced869ab6de8fa1f8ef17cf21_411.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • very_corroded_577.jpg
    very_corroded_577.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,207

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member