Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Warranty Query

wildej

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Guys, how does the approved warranty work if you've bought a car with warranty left on it ?
Do you have to own the car for 90 days before you can ask the OPC to look at warranty work ?
Do you have to provide the V5 as proof of when you bought the car also ?

Yes you will need to contact your local branch and ask for the transfer document once this sent in it will transferred into your name so should work straight away, but you will need the v5 as proof of ownership

I was in the same boat. I bought a car last month with a few months of an opc warranty left. I've had auto transmission problems starting the car in Park. I rang last week to ask if the car is covered and all they asked for was the registration to tell me it was covered. Obviously they've now got all my details but no mention of transferring it or asking for a v5.
It's being collected this week for repair so things may change yet but I doubt it.

I think if you purchase a car with OPC warranty already on it it will be covered immediately .
The 90 days only comes in to affect if there is no warranty on the car, you then have to own the car before you can Purchase OPC Warranty following a 111 check...
I think that is right
Thanks

There is 2 parts to your question. If you purchased privately, then the warranty is transferable. If you purchased via a dealer, the warranty isn't transferable, the previous owner can claim back the pro rata amount, and then you have to wait 90 days and have a 111 point check to see if warranty can be put back on, and what works need to be carried out to bring the car back into line before the warranty is applied

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back