Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

may go to a macan from our rr sport - advice please

wilpert

Hello,

So I treated myself to a low miles 981 s - not the 1st one Ive owned and not a practical choice, given my annual mileage but hey ho.

Now Mrs Wilpert, who has daily use of our 2007 rr sport V8 beast, has been offered a fair price for the car by a neighbour, so it's got her looking around.
Whlist we would still have to put in a pretty packet, would we get something that would be a decent ride for 35k, dont mind a 14 plate but would need pdk and a few bells and whistles.

She likes a decent car and wouldn't want anything too bland as she likes a bit of bling. Her new job means she will be doing average 12k per year so not too heavy mileage.
Are these cars reliable, good residuals, what to watch out for etc?

Thanks in advance.

I've not heard a bad word about them tbh. Great looking things too. I'd be chasing a pana roof for the bling factor. I'm not a fan if black cars in general due to maintenance, but I'd get one in black for sure. That or Carmine Red
It's going to make for a pretty garage that's for sure :thumb:

Real life fuel economy and servicing costs?

Minor Service £430
Major Service £560
MPG is better than the RRV8 without knowing the answer to either :grin:

It's twice the car of your last gen sport :wink:

I've driven a turbo belonging to a friend of mine & asked him for first refusal when he comes to sell it.

Awesome drive, & corners like a car!

looked at a couple (just an external browse today), whilst at the Porsche dealers collecting a replacement stamped up service book for the boxster.

i do like the turbos but they are serious money for a second car and i know i would regret it.

unsure about residuals too now due to this diesel tax stuff the government are bringing in - albeit gradually :?:

I must say Im getting drawn in a little bit though, as I have a pretty good offer for the Range Rover, which has high mileage now and mrs wilpert needs a reliable car for her work.

I need some man mathematician to provide a solid reason to spend up to 40k on such an extravagance.

I had a Diesel S as a courtesy car for a couple of weeks last year and did over 700 miles in it.

Absolutely awesome. They have no right to handle as well as they do.

If I ever only had a one car 'fleet' it would be a Macan - but with a petrol engine.

Drive one, you'll be amazed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back