Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S (Gen 2): Black wheel options

MarkC4S

My car is wrapped in matt yellow and I am beginning to think that it would look more purposeful with black wheels. It currently sits on 20" multi-spoke sports wheels. I think I'd prefer a different design as well as moving from silver to black.

Can anybody recommend some options or point me towards where I should look. Thanks in advance

Standard/BBS/Replica/etc...etc :dont know:

Black would look uber 8)

:thumb:

I've hankered after Sports Classics, but basically there unavailable unless you drop on a very rare second hand set, in the meantime my black Gen 2 S alloys have really grown on me :thumb:

free upload

photo hosting

I would try BBS CHR Satin Black.... my personal choice of course ... have a look at these ....they are the dogs danglies ....

personally I would go for 19's for ride comfort ..

get the correct offset ...

Thanks for the helpful comments. No longer under warranty so not beholden to OEM wheels. Having said that I think I would prefer to get a high quality wheel that fits the 997 without all manner of spacers etc. and of course can deliver those off-sets.

I don't find the ride an issue (just tyre noise ) so happy with 20" wheels.

Not looking for a retro theme and not sure about the chrome line on the BBS wheels. I do think that satin black would be the best finish.

All of the above points me towards the AR Ruger Mesh type.

I have been Googling images and come up with some eye-candy, but need to track back to manufactures and check fitment, quality etc.

Please keep the suggestions coming

These bad boys in black?

Attachments

• img_20180616_wa0010_258.jpg
    img_20180616_wa0010_258.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 5,164
Those bad boys have a little too much space for my liking.

Can somebody explain in simple terms the concept of off-sets. I assume my car has a standard off-set; if so where would I find this? Assume if I get the correct off-set then wheels are a direct fit?

Any recommended dealers (of a selection of wheels suitable for 911) in South of England; where perhaps Forum members might get a discount?

Thanks and sorry for asking such basic questions
:?:

Here are my current wheels, which I measured at 20"diameter.

They don't seem to sit as close to the arches as many other cars pictured on here. I assume they are standard OEM equipment and fitment.

Attachments

• monsterwraps_photos_10_213.jpg
    monsterwraps_photos_10_213.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,032
  • monsterwraps_photos_9_917.jpg
    monsterwraps_photos_9_917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,032
They are 19's...what are the tyre sizes 305/30/19?

HSC911 said:
They are 19's...what are the tyre sizes 305/30/19?

100% correctamundo on both mate. They never made these in 20" sizes.

Great, thanks for clearing that up. Should have just read the rubber (ZR 19) rather than taking a tape to the wheel
:oops:

Have 305x30 rear and 235x35 front - standard I'd assume

standard is 295 on a gen 1, gen 2 i think have 305.

fronts are 35, rears are 30.

Hi, your wheels would look great in gloss black with maybe a coloured rim of your choice.

Then get it lowered and wheel spacers fitted :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back