Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to change my Boxster soon, but what to buy?

isysman

OK chaps,

I'm looking to change the Boxster in the not too distant future. I love the car but I'd like to get something newer and really the logical choice is a 981 Boxster. However, I'm not single anymore and my lady doesn't like the idea of another Boxster because she wants something more practical. I'm not totally against the idea but I don't want to lose the convertible. So I've been looking at the following cars:

Evoque convertible (yep I know, but I like them) :)
Audi S5 convertible
911 (997 genII) Cab! (although hardly practical)
981 Boxster

Anyone have an Evoque? I've never driven one but I don't really like the idea of a diesel engine with 180ps. I wish they would make an SV with a nice V6T.

What are your thoughts?

Hello isysman,

Hope youre OK, Ive just got back into a 981 after selling my old one to make up shortfall in housemove funds.

Funny old world eh.

weve had our old RR sport for a few years and its now on 134k miles.
delaership offered us 5k as a px :floor:

Anyways, I had looked at the 4 x 4 dealerships and I feel that the discos have improved quite a bit now and look pretty good imho.

kinda like why pay 20k extra for a 911 over a 981.

Or have you considered BMW 4 series? I just sold mine and it was a pretty good machine.

E400 Merc convertible? I was looking at one only this week on AutoTrader. Looks like a lot of car for the money. 330bhp too with 4 seats.
Other option I quite like is an E90 M3.

I haven't had an S5 but did have an A4 cab for about 6 years as my daily which was a good car but you might need to judge how practical you want to go. It did have 4 seats but me being over 6ft tall meant that there was little gap between the drivers seat and the rear seat, not enough to get your leg to the floor. A friend of mine has an A5 cab and I thought this would give more leg room being bigger but his car is much the same as my old one. So really the back seats do feel like a token gesture sometimes and I wouldn't want to sit in the back of one for a long journey. The boot was quite big but only when the roof is up because the pod the roof drops into a pod that could be lifted up when the hood was up.

Mrs Finn has an Evoque which she bought new on a 63 plate but only done about 20k in that time. The interior is well put together and feels like a nice place to be, but the car has done less than 20k and it had to have a new haldex pump fitted last week which i feel is poor on the reliability front, this is a common fault apparently. A friend of mine also works for LR and says don't get one of the first cabs off the production line as the niggles won't be worked out yet, so if you do go for it try for a newer one. Hope that helps a bit

Swmbo has an evoque autobiography.

I personally love the car but i would never own a RR outside of manufacturer warranty.

The newer 2 litre diesel is much better and from i think late 16 plates the updated info system is also much better.

But there are much better, more fun convertables out there imho

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back