Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new 981 s collected and driven today.

wilpert

Ok,

So Im a happy bunny - just picked up my new ride tonight and the car feels sound and drives like goodun.

This is a 15 plate 981s and pretty similar to my previous Boxster S but with a few less toys:

No PASM - I thought it might be problem but definitely no biggie for me, i tried her on twist lanes, knobbly bits and in sport and sport plus and apart from the knobbly pot holes it was more than acceptable.

No PSE - whilst I realise this could be a crime for many here, i just didnt miss it at all, the note on the 981s is so sweet anyway that i will only miss it when Im in show off mode in a tunnel.

NO PDLS - havent tested this yet becsue its too light - I do like the PDLS but again the normal lights seem pretty adequate.

The wheels - 20" Turbos - last ones were classics - on this solid black car I love them they look the goods.

All the rest is there and the car is mint for a 3 year old model. mileage so low at under 3k but that will double in around 6 weeks.

Now my query - WTF do I do with the little square immobiliser that they gave me with the car x 2 number.
Any advice on this please - do I just leave em in the glove box??

I don't remember having these on the other car which was a 2016 plate?

i cant look in the handbook because it wasnt in the car when i got home - I will ask the dealer in the morning what happened to that. Hope its not lost but i reckon they would replace it.

......... as has been said many times before ........ this thread is useless without pictures ....... :)

........ enjoy ...... :)

......... as has been said many times before ........ this thread is useless without pictures ....... Smile

will upload tomorrow promise.

They say (motoring press) base model is the best one in the range, all round sports car with the most useable power, bang for you buck

With regard to the vodaphone tracker fob, not supposed to leave it in the car but I suppose you could hide one not on view somewhere to save it ringing them etc when you forget, or move your car & forget.
Alternatively put it on your keys so you cant get it wrong.

Hamster75 said:
They say (motoring press) base model is the best one in the range, all round sports car with the most useable power, bang for you buck

Jonttt reckons only the GTS :roll:

Nice choice chum :thumb:

Not 100% sure what base model would comprise but I tend to agree that it would be good bang for buck and yes, they do always seem to recommend base models as the ones to buy but Im thinking when you buy used you tend to want a few goodies to make it seem like a decent deal.

With regard to the vodaphone tracker fob, not supposed to leave it in the car but I suppose you could hide one not on view somewhere to save it ringing them etc when you forget, or move your car & forget.
Alternatively put it on your keys so you cant get it wrong.

so does this mean there is something fitted to the car that the dealer hasnt told me - probably because he didnt know - is thsi good news or bad - or neither ?

The tracker fob is not supposed to be left in the vehicle or it wont activate if any unauthorized movement of your vehicle, potentially void your Insurance, that's what my Vodaphone version, told me. not sure if its the same with newer Porsche tracker systems.

This is the car:

Attachments

• img_2295_925.jpg
    img_2295_925.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,970
BUt its got this fingy attached to my key - as per my comments and the replies above but what do I do with it and what will it do?

Attachments

• img_2305_148.jpg
    img_2305_148.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 5,969
Do I look young is this pictue?

Attachments

• img_2252_202.jpg
    img_2252_202.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 5,969
Re: new 981 s collected and driven today - now with few pics

oops double post

wilpert said:
BUt its got this fingy attached to my key - as per my comments and the replies above but what do I do with it and what will it do?

There is a unit hidden in the car and that piece with your keys. They work together. The unit in the car does the location service and senses things like if it's lifted or moved without ignition etc. The bit with your keys is an anti hijack measure. don't keep it with the keys when not using the car...so if they are nicked and used to move the car it will set off an alert.

More details on this site (Vodafone bought the old company that provided the Porsche systems - was called cobratrack).

https://automotive.vodafone.co.uk

I'm guessing you might not have had this registered in your name? If you bought from an OPC get them to sort the transfer. If not you can phone Vodaphone and have it transferred but you will need the password from the previous owner.....they will want to give it to you as all the alerts will be going to them until the unit is registered to you......

Top tip. Be with the car when you phone Vodaphone as they can test the doofer part batteries etc and the button on the doofer is only to turn off the anti hijack sensor in the car....

Edit. And most Insurance companies that ask for a tracker won't cover theft until you prove this unit is working. Which usually means seeing the invoice for subscription. Don't panic though. The police can ask for it to be activated if stolen.

wilpert said:

That is for the Flux Capacitor :grin:

wilpert said:
Do I look young is this pictue?

You do...but that old git in the reflection doesn't :eek:ld:

:thumb:

Thanks for the replies.

The car didnt come from an OPC but I will ask the seller (4 x 4 delaership that took in px) if they know owt about it.

You do...but that old git in the reflection doesn't Old

Thumb

I felt that coming as soon as I posted the pic - you lot are too predicable :D

Update:

I called Vodfone and the fingymajig is still registered in previous owners name and they are going to cal hin and ask confirmation of transfer of vehicle. Then they will get back to me to see if want to pay the subs for it to be used by me.

Its a bit of an onion peeler on the eyes @ -£585-00 for 3 years but Im guessing peeps know this, is it worth it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back