Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 4 GTS conv

G5Day

Last option to decide on: rear axel steer. On the track can notice this and it's a good option, but my question is for daily driving do you really notice or get the benefits of this ?

I'm leaning to Not, but like to hear from those that have it.

Thanks

100% go for it. IMO it makes the car more agile and improves turn in at low speed plus it also helps stability at high speed.

I agree with Jimmy. Go for it.

Rear Axle/Wheel Steer is a great development, and on a GTS it's better to have it included.

911_AS said:
I agree with Jimmy. Go for it.

Rear Axle/Wheel Steer is a great development, and on a GTS it's better to have it included.

Honestly I'd say its a no brainer. My C4 GTS with RWS is like a ferret down a drain-pipe when you point it at a corner! Much more alert and agile than my old 991.1 C4 S was, but with no vices at high speed.

I'd say it bestows the C4 GTS with that purist 2WD feel, but with the additional security of 4WD eh 911_AS? :puh:

I'd say it bestows the C4 GTS with that purist 2WD feel, but with the additional security of 4WD eh 911_AS?

:floor:

Security is so totally overrated!

BTW - for me the Cab is the best riding GTS. The Coupe is quite stiff almost pogo like in comparison where the cab just glides. Tried one at PEC when trying to decide whether to follow the purist flock (Baaaaa!) and order a manual. So Manual Coupe Vs PDK Cab up and down the Dadford road. Had never considered a Cab but hand on heart it felt like a Coupe with the lid up in terms of road noise and solidity, was wonderful with it down (more chance to listen to the pipes) and just flowed over the ground. Lovely bit of kit... and that is from someone who had previously labelled them hairdressers cars!

I didn't buy it and I regret it :sad:

The 4WS is excellent for driving, with PDC the drive on winding roads just get better and of course safer.
It also makes the turning cycle smaller at low speed and parking is improved.
downside if any is stone chips to rear wheels increases a tad.

May I also suggest a very small option that may be overlooked, power assisted steering. I recommend it all day long.

I will admit my very first option on the list was by AC seats, a personal decision to never again suffer that wet, sweaty lower back again. It is truly fam-damma-dozi!

PAS is standard, maybe you mean Power Steering Plus.

I don't think AC seats are an option. They can be ventilated.

Magic919 said:
PAS is standard, maybe you mean Power Steering Plus.

I don't think AC seats are an option. They can be ventilated.

It was options subject.
The option is Power steering plus, its only an assignment for the power steering. Next time I will be sure to write The power steering option.
They ventilated seats are air condition supplied and regulated to on'e liking.
And boy are they good.
:thumb:

Hmmm. I had Power Steering Plus on my 991.1 C4s and had it turned off by the dealer. Hopefully, it's been improved, but I felt it detracted from the handling at medium speeds (30-70mph).

I never looked back having had it turned off. The car has a meatier more solid feel at low speed without it and yet is no way hard or physically challenging to drive.

I purposefully avoided it on the GTS and have never given it a second thought.
So unusually for me (I am an options tart), I would say that is one to skip.

Yes all options are there to offer what each individual prefers, wants,needs, can afford or WE! Our dough :lol:

First test drive in the car was early 16 and it was a shock having driven there in my TT. The steering and manoeuvrability was really noticeable just how good it was. Pin-point is not enough praise.
To cut story short, that first drive I later found out had 4WS and PP.
Its just so precise and perfect. Still drive the TT every day and love it and not fair to compare them. I Can fight the TT, but not the 911 it's in another realm and does it all so easily. Should be after 50yrs R&D.

If I change car, it will be same, Ventilated A/C seats first, PP, 4WS, PDCC, 18weg's, LED lights, Glass roof. And you know we would still tick more than we need.
:floor:

Selecting options is the most difficult part. Others opinions are not so important as yours.
Good luck! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back